Re: We want to hire a renewable energy designer in Houston

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      Wow! That sounds like the job I was looking for before I found the
      one I have. I suppose they would prefer someone with more expertise
      in electrical systems, tho. Virtually all my experience is in
      mechanical design.

      I'm now doing 3D autocad design of piping systems for a company that
      builds natural gas pumping stations. It's a good company so I would
      hesitate to jump ship this soon.

      Randy

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Chris Boyer <boyer.chris@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know of someone looking for a job in the renewable
      energy business as a designer/engineer? There is an immediate
      opening at NewPoint Energy Solutions, a division of Standard
      Renewable Energy in Houston.

      > This position will design renewable energy and energy efficiency
      installation projects for residential homes, commercial buildings,
      non-profit and public works projects. The Designer is responsible
      for activities including technical sales support, engineering design
      packages, determining bills of material, and technical coordination
      with the project management and installation team. Addition
      responsibilities include sourcing special equipment, assisting with
      project costing, complying with building codes, understanding safety
      requirements and quality standards, and making ethical engineering
      decisions. An ability to come up with creative solutions is a must!

      > We are a fast growing renewable energy company based in Houston,
      TX and we are looking for an outstanding designer/engineer to work in
      the greater Houston area. NewPoint Energy Solutions designs,
      develops, and installs innovative, results-driven energy efficiency
      and renewable energy products that get results. We bring our
      experience, expertise, creativity, and commitment to our goals of
      using environmentally responsible approaches in helping business and
      home owners lower costs, increase comfort, and improve indoor air
      quality; and in championing the development and use of renewable,
      alternative energy.

      > Qualifications include either: 1) Engineering degree from an
      accredited university in the construction, civil, mechanical,
      architectural or electrical fields. 2) An associates degree or
      related technical education and two years of experience with
      designing construction projects. 3) Five years experience in