Lampson & Green vote against renewables

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
      The house OKd the Energy Independence and Security Act which would
      give incentives for renewables and for electric autos. "Gene Green
      of Houston and Nick Lampson of Stafford were among only seven
      Democrats to vote against the bill. Green said he was worried that it
      would lead to higher electricity
      rates." http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5357898.html

      If you are in Green's or Lampson's district, please give me a holler.

      Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...

      "I am certain that if Christ were alive today, he would hang his and
      his disciples' clothing on the line to dry." "It is always cheaper,
      easier, and better for the planet to save energy than to try to make
      it. The average home uses over 1,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a
      month. Our average is less than 150 kilowatts."
      J. Matthew Sleeth in Serve God, Save the Planet.
    • Bashir Syed
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
        We are living in a time of instant gratification and most of the time is wasted, which does not leave any for serious thoughts. Conservation went out of the Window as the society concentrated on CONSUMERISM to deliver the Corporate CEO's more retirement benefits (Just look at the Forbes Magazine to check their retirement benefits). But growth has limits!
        Bashir A. Syed

        Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643 NanHildreth@ riseup.net

        "I am certain that if Christ were alive today, he would hang his and
        his disciples' clothing on the line to dry." "It is always cheaper,
        easier, and better for the planet to save energy than to try to make
        it. The average home uses over 1,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a
        month. Our average is less than 150 kilowatts."
        J. Matthew Sleeth in Serve God, Save the Planet.

      • Kevin Yeager