ALERT: National energy bill needs your help!

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      >From: "Luke Metzger, Environment Texas Director" <LukeM@...>
      >To: nanhildreth@...
      >Subject: ALERT: National energy bill needs your help!
      >Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:16:49 -0600
      >
      >Hi Nan,
      >
      >It's an idea who's time has come -- renewable energy for America.
      >
      >For a year now, we've worked together to show strong, nationwide
      >support for clean energy solutions-and together we've gotten bills
      >passed in both the U.S. House and Senate.
      >
      >But the coal and oil industries are pulling out all the stops to try
      >and block the bill in the final throes. And they've recruited Texas
      >Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn to help them.
      >
      >We're asking you, once again, to take immediate action.
      >
      >http://www.environmenttexas.org/action/energy/renewable-petition?id4=ES
      >
      >The federal energy bill could finally come to a full vote any day
      >now. With oil prices at an all-time high and with daily reminders of
      >global warming, America desperately needs to move toward a new
      >energy future today.
      >
      >Powerful energy companies are vigorously defending our nation's
      >polluting energy practices. And they are working hard to convince
      >Congress to reject important renewable energy provisions, including
      >a Renewable Electricity Standard and tax incentives for renewable
      >energy. At their behest, Sens. Hutchison and Cornyn are blocking the
      >bill from moving forward. (see:
      >http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/industries/energy/stories/110707dnbuswindpower.3339828.html)
      >
      >We only have a couple of days to turn this around! Please sign our
      >petition asking Sens. Hutchison and Cornyn to drop their opposition
      >to this critically important measure.
      >
      >http://www.environmenttexas.org/action/energy/renewable-petition?id4=ES
      >
      >Sincerely,
      >
      >Luke Metzger
      >Environment Texas Director
      >LukeM@...
      >http://www.environmenttexas.org
      >
      >P.S. Thanks again for your support. Please feel free to share this
      >e-mail with your family and friends.

      >where you can remove yourself.

      Nan Hildreth, 713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...

      "I am certain that if Christ were alive today, he would hang his and
      his disciples' clothing on the line to dry." "It is always cheaper,
      easier, and better for the planet to save energy than to try to make
      it. The average home uses over 1,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a
      month. Our average is less than 150 kilowatts."
      J. Matthew Sleeth in Serve God, Save the Planet.