Coal Power Programs - FYI

  • Jonathan Clemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2001
      HREG,

      This site will enhance our knowledge about coal power.

      The reality is that parallel efforts exist, both worthwhile and noble - the development of cleaner burning techniques and fuels along side the development of wide scale applications of renewable energy systems.  It seems a matter of simple equity that both efforts be afforded similar incentives, research, and attention.  In my opinion, a cleaner end of the carbon age should precede the eventual hydrogen age.  After all, it takes (carbon-based) energy to build the hydrogen infrastructure.

      [The hydrogen age is a time where the prevailing fuel of choice is hydrogen - it's cleaner and more plentiful in the universe than carbon fuels.  We can envision renewable energy systems producing hydrogen from other earth or planetary compounds - cleanly, without waste, and without destroying the ecosystem.]

      Jonathan