CALSEIA ALERT: FEDERAL TAX CREDITS IN JEOPARDY
California Solar Energy Industries Association :: CALSEIA ALERT: FEDERAL TAX CREDITS IN JEOPARDYAlright, this is crunch time for the solar industry in the US. The 30% tax credit is not going to be renewed when it expires on 12-31-2008 if congress follows thru on it's compromise language. This will pretty much kill the only incentive that exists in Texas and almost half the states for solar power. This is no doubt payback for the house dropping the $billons for the oil and gas industry back in August.Contact your "representitive" and demand that the credit be included AND expanded.thanksJim DuncanNorth Texas Renewable Energy Inc
----- Original Message -----From: info@...To: ntrei@...Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:43 PMSubject: CALSEIA ALERT: FEDERAL TAX CREDITS IN JEOPARDY
MAKE THE CONGRESSIONAL SWITCHBOARD CRASH!
Congressional leaders are considering moving an energy bill with NO extension of the renewable energy tax incentives. Senator Reid and Speaker Pelosi met today and decided not to include critical tax credits for wind and solar in the federal energy package, and to drop the federal Renewable Portfolio Standard.
We have about 24 hours to turn this around.
Call your representative and tell them to pass a message to Senator Reid and Speaker Pelosi.
Use your own words - here are some suggested points:
- The energy bill must extend investment tax credits for solar and production tax credits for wind.
- Clean energy means jobs and energy independence.
- America needs carbon-free renewable energy, now.
- Our future depends on their leadership.
Its hard to believe that with oil hovering at $100/barrel and the passage of the Governor's Solar Initiative just over a year ago, that we are looking at a Congress that is thinking of doing nothing to extend the solar tax credits.
Link to look up the phone number for your representatives in the House and Senate: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/index.html
You're receiving this Newsletter because you have subscribed
to the Newsletter Service at http://calseia.org.
To unsubscribe please click here: http://calseia.org/component/option,com_letterman/task,unsubscribe/Itemid,1/
- I will be out of the office starting Saturday November 3rd and returning Thursday November 8th. I will be checking my emails while out of the office but if you need immediate assistance please contact the office at 281-340-1224 or you may contact me on my cell phone at 281-960-8979.