Re: nano technologies

  • lk hilts
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 6, 2007
      There is a very interesting article in Science and Spirit mag. about
      the concept of thinking small to create large. I find it encouraging
      that we are at the frontier of the very very small and building from
      the "bottom-up" as opposed to breaking large matter down into smaller
      and smaller pieces. So much has been taken apart without the knowledge
      to put the parts back together. A good point that the article
      makes, "Every biological and mineral system builds bottom-up...by the
      thermodynamic release of energy,..." From what I have read about the
      shift in perspective regarding the Human Genome Project, where
      molecular machines and cellular structures are appearing more like
      computers than blueprints for the construction of proteins, it would
      seem logical that our technology and our human nature would be forced
      eventually to partner-up. Perhaps logic and nature's self-correcting
      systems will find a way for us to dream big on a small scale. lisa h.
    • kconlin@solarcraft.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 7, 2007
        I will be out of the office starting Saturday November 3rd and returning Thursday November 8th. I will be checking my emails while out of the office but if you need immediate assistance please contact the office at 281-340-1224 or you may contact me on my cell phone at 281-960-8979.

        Thanks,

        Kevin Conlin
      • Robert Johnston
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 7, 2007
          I have no idea, but on mine, you can set it to autorespond only once to a
          given address, so presumably if he did that, the HREG list would only get
          one autoresponse, which wouldn't be bad.

          Robert

        • Shafer, Mark B
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 7, 2007

            Some autoresponders can be used with rules  which gives you the ability to say

                            If To = hreg@yahoogroups.com or *group* then

                                            Don’t responde

                            Else

                                            Respond with out of office message