Two Identical Public Meetings

  • Susan Modikoane
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2007
      I guess this is off topic, but it is a planning meeting for the city, so I'm posting it here anyhow, since it concerns the ecosystem.

      Wednesday, November 7
      United Way Community Resource Center
      50 Waugh Drive at Feagan
      6:00 - Doors Open
      7:00 - Presentation

      Tuesday, November 13
      Westchester Academy for Intl. STudies
      901 Yorkchester Drive
      6:00 PM - Doors Open
      7:00 PM - Presentation

      Harris County Flood Control Distrcit & US Army Corps of Engineers, Gaveston District
      will hold 2 meetings to discuss the buffalo Bayou and Lower White Oak Bayou Federal Flood Damage Reduction and Ecosystem Restoration Study.

      This covers Buffalo Bayou from the Turning Basin near the Houston Ship Channel to Barker Reservoir and lower White Oak Bayou from From where it meets Buffalo Bayou to IH 610.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2007
        Thanks. I'll try for the 13th.

        Ariel
        generations.
        ------------------------------------

        > I guess this is off topic, but it is a planning meeting for the city, so I'm
        > posting it here anyhow, since it concerns the ecosystem.
        >
        > http://www.hcfcd.org/BuffaloLowerWhiteOak (713) 684-4114
        >
        > Wednesday, November 7
        > United Way Community Resource Center
        > 50 Waugh Drive at Feagan
        > 6:00 - Doors Open
        > 7:00 - Presentation
        >
        > Tuesday, November 13
        > Westchester Academy for Intl. STudies
        > 901 Yorkchester Drive
        > 6:00 PM - Doors Open
        > 7:00 PM - Presentation
        >
        > Harris County Flood Control Distrcit & US Army Corps of Engineers, Gaveston
        > District will hold 2 meetings to discuss the buffalo Bayou and Lower White
        > Oak Bayou Federal Flood Damage Reduction and Ecosystem Restoration Study.
        >
        > This covers Buffalo Bayou from the Turning Basin near the Houston Ship
        > Channel to Barker Reservoir and lower White Oak Bayou from From where it
        > meets Buffalo Bayou to IH 610.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Susan Modikoane
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2007
          You might want to consider a bullet proof vest in case they're packing tasers.

          Just a suggestion.

          Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
          Thanks. I'll try for the 13th.

          Ariel
          generations.
          ------------ --------- --------- ------

          > I guess this is off topic, but it is a planning meeting for the city, so I'm
          > posting it here anyhow, since it concerns the ecosystem.
          >
          > http://www.hcfcd. org/BuffaloLower WhiteOak (713) 684-4114
          >
          > Wednesday, November 7
          > United Way Community Resource Center
          > 50 Waugh Drive at Feagan
          > 6:00 - Doors Open
          > 7:00 - Presentation
          >
          > Tuesday, November 13
          > Westchester Academy for Intl. STudies
          > 901 Yorkchester Drive
          > 6:00 PM - Doors Open
          > 7:00 PM - Presentation
          >
          > Harris County Flood Control Distrcit & US Army Corps of Engineers, Gaveston
          > District will hold 2 meetings to discuss the buffalo Bayou and Lower White
          > Oak Bayou Federal Flood Damage Reduction and Ecosystem Restoration Study.
          >
          > This covers Buffalo Bayou from the Turning Basin near the Houston Ship
          > Channel to Barker Reservoir and lower White Oak Bayou from From where it
          > meets Buffalo Bayou to IH 610.

          > Do You Yahoo!?
          > http://mail. yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Ariel Thomann
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
            Them's electrical, so my diving wet suit might be best -- less conductive.

            Ariel
            generations.
            ------------------------------------

            > You might want to consider a bullet proof vest in case they're packing tasers.
            >

            > Just a suggestion.
            >
            > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
            > Thanks. I'll try for the 13th.
            >
            > Ariel
            > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
            > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
            > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
            > generations.
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            >> I guess this is off topic, but it is a planning meeting for the city, so I'm
            >> posting it here anyhow, since it concerns the ecosystem.
            >>
            >> http://www.hcfcd.org/BuffaloLowerWhiteOak (713) 684-4114
            >>
            >> Wednesday, November 7
            >> United Way Community Resource Center
            >> 50 Waugh Drive at Feagan
            >> 6:00 - Doors Open
            >> 7:00 - Presentation
            >>
            >> Tuesday, November 13
            >> Westchester Academy for Intl. STudies
            >> 901 Yorkchester Drive
            >> 6:00 PM - Doors Open
            >> 7:00 PM - Presentation
            >>
            >> Harris County Flood Control Distrcit & US Army Corps of Engineers, Gaveston
            >> District will hold 2 meetings to discuss the buffalo Bayou and Lower White
            >> Oak Bayou Federal Flood Damage Reduction and Ecosystem Restoration Study.
            >>
            >> This covers Buffalo Bayou from the Turning Basin near the Houston Ship
            >> Channel to Barker Reservoir and lower White Oak Bayou from From where it
            >> meets Buffalo Bayou to IH 610.

            >> http://mail.yahoo.com

            > http://mail.yahoo.com
          • evelyn sardina
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
              Might want to introduce them to the keyline concept. This could be useful in other city projects. It works on flat places also and could be valuable when planning dams, etc. Wikipedia has excellent information on this.

              http://mail.yahoo.com