Re: [hreg] China - Iran - Russia

  • Susan Modikoane
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
      Here is an article that was posted on the sell-off of US Treasury Bonds, etc.:

      It appears Japan is doing it along with other countries. Can you blame them?

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/10/16/bcnchina116.xml
      Japan and China lead flight from the dollar
      By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, International Business Editor
      Last Updated: 12:26am BST 18/10/2007

      Japan and China led a record withdrawl of foreign funds from the United States in August, heightening fears of a fresh slide in the dollar and a spike in US bond yields.

      Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright
      China threatens `nuclear option' of dollar sales
      Ambrose Evans-Pritchard: This bear is not capitulating

      The US requires $70bn a month in capital inflows to cover its current account deficit

      Data from the US Treasury showed outflows of $163bn (£80bn) from all forms of US investments. "These numbers are absolutely stunning," said Marc Ostwald, an economist at Insinger de Beaufort.

      Asian investors dumped $52bn worth of US Treasury bonds alone, led by Japan ($23bn), China ($14.2bn) and Taiwan ($5bn). It is the first time since 1998 that foreigners have, on balance, sold Treasuries.

      I was in Germany during Summer of 2006, attending world's largest Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition in Dresden Germany, and seeing was believing. Try visiting Germany now a days and you will find how wisely they are planning things with new technologies. New emerging Technologies utilize broader Solar Spectrum rather than narrow towards Red or Infrared, like they showed in NOVA Program on Tuesday, called "SAVED BY THE SUN." Moreover, State Incentives in form of Tax Rebates and Netmetring is bringing rapid revolution. The Germans know the worth of Energy and Conservation, unlike us where we produce "waste" in every aspect of living. But one must know that world Fossil Fuel resources are structly limiteds as compared to Solar Energy. In the long run the consumer is  WINNER.