Re: [hreg] China - Iran - Russia

  • chasmauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
      It is amazing that Germany should rank number one for utilizing solar. I spent two years there a long time ago in the air force just outside Munich, and I doubt if we had a total of a month or so of good clear sunny days the whole time - it was almost always overcast and usually drizzling rain. Think what they could do if they had their technology and Houston's sunshine. What are they doing that we aren't or couldn't?
      Charlie Mauch

      In a message dated 10/25/2007 9:21:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bsyed@... writes:
      Germany now ranks number ONE in the world for utilizing Solar PV (and Thermal as weell), and Japan 2nd, but China is catching up fast in this arena.

    • J P Malone
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007

        Investing in green projects instead of war?

        In a message dated 10/25/2007 9:21:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bsyed@worldnet. att.net writes:

        Germany now ranks number ONE in the world for utilizing Solar PV (and Thermal as weell), and Japan 2nd, but China is catching up fast in this arena.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • Ariel Thomann
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
          In Germany, when one country went bankrupt, the other one bought it.
          What's the expected financial longevity of any country that slides blindly into
          the era of peak-oil/water/cropland/etc while totally unprepared for same? Might
          the world see bargain basement fire sales of nations? OK, so I may be
          exaggerating a bit...

          Ariel
          generations.
          ------------------------------------

          > Investing in green projects instead of war?
          >

          > _____

        • Bashir Syed
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
            I was in Germany during Summer of 2006, attending world's largest Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition in Dresden Germany, and seeing was believing. Try visiting Germany now a days and you will find how wisely they are planning things with new technologies. New emerging Technologies utilize broader Solar Spectrum rather than narrow towards Red or Infrared, like they showed in NOVA Program on Tuesday, called "SAVED BY THE SUN." Moreover, State Incentives in form of Tax Rebates and Netmetring is bringing rapid revolution. The Germans know the worth of Energy and Conservation, unlike us where we produce "waste" in every aspect of living. But one must know that world Fossil Fuel resources are structly limiteds as compared to Solar Energy. In the long run the consumer is  WINNER.
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
              Here is an article that was posted on the sell-off of US Treasury Bonds, etc.:

              It appears Japan is doing it along with other countries. Can you blame them?

              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/10/16/bcnchina116.xml
              Japan and China lead flight from the dollar
              By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, International Business Editor
              Last Updated: 12:26am BST 18/10/2007

              Japan and China led a record withdrawl of foreign funds from the United States in August, heightening fears of a fresh slide in the dollar and a spike in US bond yields.

              Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright
              China threatens `nuclear option' of dollar sales
              Ambrose Evans-Pritchard: This bear is not capitulating

              The US requires $70bn a month in capital inflows to cover its current account deficit

              Data from the US Treasury showed outflows of $163bn (£80bn) from all forms of US investments. "These numbers are absolutely stunning," said Marc Ostwald, an economist at Insinger de Beaufort.

              Asian investors dumped $52bn worth of US Treasury bonds alone, led by Japan ($23bn), China ($14.2bn) and Taiwan ($5bn). It is the first time since 1998 that foreigners have, on balance, sold Treasuries.

              http://mail.yahoo.com