RE: [hreg] Power to Choose

  • alammey@HoustonEnergyAnalyst.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2007
      Yes, I have alot of knowledge of Spark Energy. They have 100% online enrollment for their residential electricity service at www.sparkpowerbank.com. If you try to enroll by phone, they'll just refer you back to the website to enroll, so that might save you some steps.

      They're based here in Houston and they serve about 50,000 residential customers in Texas and about 20,000 commercial customers. They have a great reputation for good customer service as well.

      Also, you're correct, they offer a 100% renewable plan that is the most competitive
      of any of the electricity providers at 11.6-cents per kilowatt hour for a 12 month guaranteed
      fixed rate -- which is awesome. Plus, they don't charge a $5/month service charge like most of the other providers do. Heck, that's $60 bucks a year in savings right there in just service charges.

      I have Spark for my provider for more than a year now, and I highly recommend them.

      Alan M. Lammey
      Energy Analyst & Consultant