RE: [hreg] Using A/C compressor to dry clothes

  • Joyce Lattimore
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 11, 2007
      Another effective way to dry clothes outside in an inepensive clothes rack from
      that store (W-M) and I also use my patio furniture.  Since my husband is back home from the assisted living place, I have LOTS of laundry daily and this certainly helps my utility bill.

      Joyce Lattimore_
      evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@...> wrote:
      An effective way to hang underware is to use a shoe rack.  The shoe rack I am talking about is the wire one, that you hang behind the closet.  If you mount it on your garage wall, near your washer you can hang your underwear and strapy tops without using any clothes pins. Just slide them on the shaped wires where the shoes go, and that's it. Since it sticks out of the wall a bit you can hang clothes behind it to support several loads.  They are easy to find in garage sales and second hand shops.  Since we recycle..... ... that is....  With the heat on the garage it dries in no time.  Since  no clothes pins were used when you go to pick up the clothes you can do it in a minute!  I have 2 of them and I love them!  Evelyn

      Lunce <Lunce@lharchitects. com> wrote:
      In Houston (where it is very hot and humid), in the summer it takes about 40min to 1 hour to dry clothes on the line (about same amount of time one using a mechanical dryer) using sun and breeze.  The only time it take longer to dry is when it is actually overcast, no direct sun, and very little breeze.  It might take 2-3 hours (heavy cotton items such a jeans take a little longer).  Haven't measured exactly as I am off working on other things while the sun and breeze do their work :)  Ahh, the wonderful aroma of sun dried sheets :) :)

      Lunce

      The point of the article was that it works well in hot, humid climates (where clothes don’t necessarily dry so easily).

      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 11, 2007
        One of the members of our Low Carbon Diet class said she hangs
        clothes inside to dry. That provides the added benefit of
        humidifying the house a little. A good thing to try for people who
        haven't had luck drying outside. I myself, like Lunce, love those
        ozone smelling sheets!

        Anne

        In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I haven't been to a meeting of HREG for a long time, but the green
        > symposium last February sure made me sick, the majority of the
        people
        > were very fragrant. It would be wonderful if you are correct.
        > Bright Blessings,
        > Kim
        >
        > Ariel Thomann wrote:
        > > Surely nobody on this list is still using those little sheets!
        > >
        > > Ariel
        > > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
        another, since
        > > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
        > > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy.
        Think ahead 7