RE: [hreg] Thurs 5-7, Mayor hosts global warming conversation

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
      If you post a flyer for the tour , I'll print some out and pass them around.

      Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...
      Houston 713-443-3104

      "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
      learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
      potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
      the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

      "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

      Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
      http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796
    • Kathleen Carrier
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007

        href="mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE%40CITYOFHOUSTON.NET">MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET
        > >[mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET]
        On Behalf Of City of
        href="mailto:AHTULLOS%40GMAIL.COM">AHTULLOS@GMAIL. COM
        > >Subject: Upcoming Event: National Conversation on Climate Action
        > >
        > >[]
        > >

        > >Houston Hosts Community-wide Discussion on Climate Action and
        > >Sustainability at University
        of Houston-Downtown

        > > Houston ,
        w:st="on">Texas and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability

        href="http://www.climateconversati">http://www.climatec onversati
        > on.org/>www. climateconversat ion.org).
        > >

        > > Houston 's
        event will involve several short presentations and a panel
        > >discussion with audience participation.
        > >

        > >WHEN: Thursday, October 4, 2007
        > >
        > >5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
        > >

        > >WHERE: Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium
        > >
        > > University of Houston-Downtown
        > >
        > > One Main St. ,
        Houston , TX 77002

        > >The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of
        > >the Academic
        Building .

        > >WHO:
        > >
        > >Speakers & Roundtable Participants
        > >
        > >Dr. Max Castillo, President,
        w:st="on">University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)

        > >Dr. Adolfo Santos, Department of. Social Sciences UHD
        > >
        > >Dr. Peter Bishop, Futures Studies, University of
        w:st="on">Houston (UH)

        > >Dr. Barry Lefer, Geosciences, UH
        > >
        > >Karl Pepple, Director of Environmental Programming, City of
        w:st="on"> Houston

        > >Betin Santos, Regional Director, ICLEI - Local Governments for
        > Sustainability
        > >

        > >LOCAL PARTNERS
        > >

        > >City of Houston
        > >
        > >ICLEI - South
        Central Regional Capacity Center

        > > University
        of Houston -Downtown

        href="http://www.houstontx.gov/environment/climateaction-map.pdf">http://www.houstont x.gov/environmen t/climateaction- map.pdf>http:/

        href="http://citynet.cityofhouston.net/CNAdministration/RT/jedediah.gre">http://citynet. cityofhouston. net/CNAdministra tion/RT/jedediah .gre
        href="http://citynet.cityofhouston.net/CNAdministration/RT/jedediah.greenfield@...">http://citynet. cityofhouston. net/CNAdministra tion/RT/jedediah .greenfield@ cityofhouston. net

        href="http://www.houston">http://www.houston
        > tx.gov/environment/ index.html
        > >

        > >Or
        > >

        > >Betin Santos
        > >
        > >Regional Director, SC RCC
        > >
        > >ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
        > >
        > > Houston ,
        w:st="on">TX

        href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/citizensnet/Login.aspx">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>http://coh
        href="http://www.houstontx.gov/">http://www.houstont x.gov/>www.houstontx. gov
        > >and scroll down to CitizensNet logo.
        > >
        > ><<
        href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/citizensnet/Login.aspx">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>http://coh
        > app.cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx> Change your
        > >email address or Update your record
        > >
        > >To prevent your email service provider from marking a CitizensNet
        > >message as spam,
        > >please add
        > <mailto:Mayor. Bill.White% 40cityofhouston. net>
        href="mailto:Mayor.Bill.White%40cityofhouston.net">Mayor.Bill.White@ cityofhouston. net
        > to your address book.
        > >
        > >Disclaimer: All information, excluding your e-mail address, is
        > >generally subject to public disclosure
        > >under the Texas Public Information
        Act (See Chapter 552 of the Texas
        > >Government Code).
        > >
        > >Thank you for your continued interest in the CitizensNet E-Newsletter.
        > >Mailing Address: City of Houston |
        w:st="on"> P.O. Box 1562 | Houston , Texas 77251

        href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.as">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.as
        href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.aspx?USC=OELLLKWKX">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.aspx?USC= OELLLKWKX>Unsubscribe

        href="mailto:NanHildreth%40riseup.net">NanHildreth@ riseup.net

        href="http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796">http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

        Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@ riseup.net
        Houston 713-443-3104

        "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
        learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
        potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
        the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

        "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

        Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
        http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

      • Michael Ewert
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007

          So far I’ve gotten 0 HREG volunteers from my email on 9/26, so we can still use help to make this a quality HREG sponsored event.

          If you can help from 11:45-2:45 or 2:30-5:15 on Saturday at one of the houses, please let me know.  281-326-1853

          Even if you can only work the first hour or 2 that would be a big help because I expect it to be busiest at first.

          Remember, you get a free ticket if you volunteer, which is good for your whole family to visit other houses on the tour and a free CFL light bulb.

          Thank you,

          Mike

        • lkhilts
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
            I'd volunteer but I have four children  with me since their dad has to work. Good luck. Lisa

            Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
            So far I’ve gotten 0 HREG volunteers from my email on 9/26, so we can still use help to make this a quality HREG sponsored event.
            If you can help from 11:45-2:45 or 2:30-5:15 on Saturday at one of the houses, please let me know.  281-326-1853
            Even if you can only work the first hour or 2 that would be a big help because I expect it to be busiest at first.
            Remember, you get a free ticket if you volunteer, which is good for your whole family to visit other houses on the tour and a free CFL light bulb.
            Thank you,
            Mike

          • Pete J. Carrasquillo