RE: [hreg] Thurs 5-7, Mayor hosts global warming conversation

  • donald cook
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      Hi, Nan -- My mother-in-law died late last night, and because of funeral arrangements, etc., I won't be able to help you on Thursday. I am frustrated because this continues my unfortunate trend of not helping with preparations for the ASPO conference. -- Don

      ________________________________> To: hreg@yahoogroups.com> From: nanhildreth@...> Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:27:44 -0500> Subject: [hreg] Thurs 5-7, Mayor hosts global warming conversation>> Can anyone help me push flyers at this event on Thursday, UH> downtown, 5:15 to 7pm.>>From: MAYORBILLWHITE@...>>[mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE@...] On Behalf Of City of>>Houston Health and Environmental Policy>>Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:40 AM>>To: AHTULLOS@...>>Subject: Upcoming Event: National Conversation on Climate Action>>>>[]>>>>>>Houston Hosts Community-wide Discussion on Climate Action and>>Sustainability at University of Houston-Downtown>>>>>>>>Houston, Texas and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability>>(International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives) will>>join more than 50 other local governments from across the country in>>hosting a community-wide discussion about the science behind and>>solutions to global warming. The event is part of the National>>Conversation on Climate Action and is designed to highlight and>>catalyze local efforts to address global warming, build local>>awareness and facilitate community engagement. The National>>Conversation is sponsored by ICLEI-Local Governments for>>Sustainability, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies and>>the Association of Science-Technology Centers.>>>>>>>>WHAT: "Taking Action in Houston through Sustainability", a part of>>the National Conversation on Climate Action>>(www.climateconversation.org).>>>>>>>>Houston's event will involve several short presentations and a panel>>discussion with audience participation.>>>>>>>>WHEN: Thursday, October 4, 2007>>>>5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.>>>>>>>>WHERE: Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium>>>> University of Houston-Downtown>>>>One Main St., Houston, TX 77002>>>>>>>>The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of>>the Academic Building.>>>>>>>>WHO:>>>>Speakers & Roundtable Participants>>>>Dr. Max Castillo, President, University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)>>>>Dr. Adolfo Santos, Department of. Social Sciences UHD>>>>Dr. Peter Bishop, Futures Studies, University of Houston (UH)>>>>Dr. Barry Lefer, Geosciences, UH>>>>Karl Pepple, Director of Environmental Programming, City of Houston>>>>Betin Santos, Regional Director, ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOCAL PARTNERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>City of Houston>>>>ICLEI - South Central Regional Capacity Center>>>>University of Houston -Downtown>>>>Citizen's Environmental Coalition>>>>>>>>PARKING:>>>>Please arrive at UHD by 5:15 p.m. to allow for parking, etc. Parking>>for the first 50 cars will be free in the reserved Visitor's lot.>>Please tell the parking attendant you are there for the National>>Conversation on Climate Action. Guests can also travel to UHD by>>METRO light rail. Alternatively, guests can park at metered parking>>under I-10 overpass.>>>>Map>>>>>>>>CONTACTS:>>>>Local:>>>>Jedediah Greenfield>>Environmental Communications Manager>>Mayor's Office>>City of Houston>>900 Bagby, 3rd Floor>>713-437-6961>>>%20>jedediah.greenfield@...>>http://www.houstontx.gov/environment/index.html>>>>>>>>Or>>>>>>>>Betin Santos>>>>Regional Director, SC RCC>>>>ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability>>>>Houston, TX>>>>>betin.santos@...>>>>Cell: 832-630-3126>>>>>>>>National Contact:>>>>Monica Walters, ICLEI>>>>510.844.0699 x315>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>---------->>Register for>>CitizensNet or go to www.houstontx.gov>>and scroll down to CitizensNet logo.>>>>Change your>>email address or Update your record>>>>To prevent your email service provider from marking a CitizensNet>>message as spam,>>please add Mayor.Bill.White@... to your address book.>>>>Disclaimer: All information, excluding your e-mail address, is>>generally subject to public disclosure>>under the Texas Public Information Act (See Chapter 552 of the Texas>>Government Code).>>>>Thank you for your continued interest in the CitizensNet E-Newsletter.>>Mailing Address: City of Houston | P.O. Box 1562 | Houston, Texas 77251>>City Hall Address: City of Houston | 901 Bagby | Houston, Texas 77002>>>>Unsubscribe>>from CitizensNet.> Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...> Houston 713-443-3104> "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and> learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the> potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in> the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."> "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."> Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine> http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796>

    • Nan Hildreth
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
        If you post a flyer for the tour , I'll print some out and pass them around.

      • Kathleen Carrier
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007

          href="mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE%40CITYOFHOUSTON.NET">MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET
          > >[mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET]
          On Behalf Of City of
          href="mailto:AHTULLOS%40GMAIL.COM">AHTULLOS@GMAIL. COM
          > >Subject: Upcoming Event: National Conversation on Climate Action
          > >
          > >[]
          > >

          > >Houston Hosts Community-wide Discussion on Climate Action and
          > >Sustainability at University
          of Houston-Downtown

          > > Houston ,
          w:st="on">Texas and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability

          href="http://www.climateconversati">http://www.climatec onversati
          > on.org/>www. climateconversat ion.org).
          > >

          > > Houston 's
          event will involve several short presentations and a panel
          > >discussion with audience participation.
          > >

          > >WHEN: Thursday, October 4, 2007
          > >
          > >5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
          > >

          > >WHERE: Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium
          > >
          > > University of Houston-Downtown
          > >
          > > One Main St. ,
          Houston , TX 77002

          > >The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of
          > >the Academic
          Building .

          > >WHO:
          > >
          > >Speakers & Roundtable Participants
          > >
          > >Dr. Max Castillo, President,
          w:st="on">University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)

          href="http://www.houstontx.gov/environment/climateaction-map.pdf">http://www.houstont x.gov/environmen t/climateaction- map.pdf>http:/

          href="http://citynet.cityofhouston.net/CNAdministration/RT/jedediah.gre">http://citynet. cityofhouston. net/CNAdministra tion/RT/jedediah .gre
          href="http://citynet.cityofhouston.net/CNAdministration/RT/jedediah.greenfield@...">http://citynet. cityofhouston. net/CNAdministra tion/RT/jedediah .greenfield@ cityofhouston. net

          href="http://www.houston">http://www.houston
          > tx.gov/environment/ index.html
          > >

          > >Or
          > >

          > >Betin Santos
          > >
          > >Regional Director, SC RCC
          > >
          > >ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
          > >
          > > Houston ,
          w:st="on">TX

          href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/citizensnet/Login.aspx">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>http://coh
          href="http://www.houstontx.gov/">http://www.houstont x.gov/>www.houstontx. gov
          > >and scroll down to CitizensNet logo.
          > >
          > ><<
          href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/citizensnet/Login.aspx">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>http://coh
          > app.cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx> Change your
          > >email address or Update your record
          > >
          > >To prevent your email service provider from marking a CitizensNet
          > >message as spam,
          > >please add
          > <mailto:Mayor. Bill.White% 40cityofhouston. net>
          href="mailto:Mayor.Bill.White%40cityofhouston.net">Mayor.Bill.White@ cityofhouston. net
          > to your address book.
          > >
          > >Disclaimer: All information, excluding your e-mail address, is
          > >generally subject to public disclosure
          > >under the Texas Public Information
          Act (See Chapter 552 of the Texas
          > >Government Code).
          > >
          > >Thank you for your continued interest in the CitizensNet E-Newsletter.
          > >Mailing Address: City of Houston |
          w:st="on"> P.O. Box 1562 | Houston , Texas 77251

          href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.as">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.as
          href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.aspx?USC=OELLLKWKX">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.aspx?USC= OELLLKWKX>Unsubscribe

          href="mailto:NanHildreth%40riseup.net">NanHildreth@ riseup.net

          href="http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796">http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

          Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@ riseup.net
          Houston 713-443-3104

          "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
          learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
          potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
          the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

          "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

          Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
          http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

        • Michael Ewert
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007

            So far I’ve gotten 0 HREG volunteers from my email on 9/26, so we can still use help to make this a quality HREG sponsored event.

            If you can help from 11:45-2:45 or 2:30-5:15 on Saturday at one of the houses, please let me know.  281-326-1853

            Even if you can only work the first hour or 2 that would be a big help because I expect it to be busiest at first.

            Remember, you get a free ticket if you volunteer, which is good for your whole family to visit other houses on the tour and a free CFL light bulb.

            Thank you,

            Mike

          • lkhilts
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
              I'd volunteer but I have four children  with me since their dad has to work. Good luck. Lisa

              Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
              So far I’ve gotten 0 HREG volunteers from my email on 9/26, so we can still use help to make this a quality HREG sponsored event.
              If you can help from 11:45-2:45 or 2:30-5:15 on Saturday at one of the houses, please let me know.  281-326-1853
              Even if you can only work the first hour or 2 that would be a big help because I expect it to be busiest at first.
              Remember, you get a free ticket if you volunteer, which is good for your whole family to visit other houses on the tour and a free CFL light bulb.
              Thank you,
              Mike

            • Pete J. Carrasquillo