Thurs 5-7, Mayor hosts global warming conversation

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      Can anyone help me push flyers at this event on Thursday, UH
      downtown, 5:15 to 7pm.

      Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...
      Houston 713-443-3104

      "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
      learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
      potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
      the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

      "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

      Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
      http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796
    • Kathleen Carrier
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007

        Can you please let people know about the solar tour at the same time. . .

        And we need volunteers to greet and collect the tour fee on the day of the tour. .

        Kathleen.

        Can anyone help me push flyers at this event on Thursday, UH
        downtown, 5:15 to 7pm.

        >From: MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET

        w:st="on">Texas and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
        >(International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives) will
        >join more than 50 other local governments from across the country in
        >hosting a community-wide discussion about the science behind and
        >solutions to global warming. The event is part of the National
        >Conversation on Climate Action and is designed to highlight and
        >catalyze local efforts to address global warming, build local
        >awareness and facilitate community engagement. The National
        >Conversation is sponsored by ICLEI-Local Governments for
        >Sustainability, Yale
        School of Forestry & Environmental Studies and
        >the Association of Science-Technology Centers.
        >

        >WHAT: "Taking Action in Houston
        through Sustainability" , a part of
        >the National Conversation on Climate Action
        >(<http://www.climatec onversation. org/>www.climateconvers ation.org) .
        >

        > Houston 's
        event will involve several short presentations and a panel
        >discussion with audience participation.
        >

        >WHEN: Thursday, October 4, 2007
        >
        >5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
        >

        >WHERE: Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium
        >
        > University of Houston-Downtown
        >
        > One Main St. ,
        w:st="on">Houston , TX 77002

        >The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of
        >the Academic
        w:st="on">Building .

        >WHO:
        >
        >Speakers & Roundtable Participants
        >
        >Dr. Max Castillo, President, University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)
        >
        >Dr. Adolfo Santos, Department of. Social Sciences UHD
        >
        >Dr. Peter Bishop, Futures Studies,
        w:st="on">University of Houston (UH)

        >Dr. Barry Lefer, Geosciences, UH
        >
        >Karl Pepple, Director of Environmental Programming, City of
        w:st="on"> Houston

        >Betin Santos, Regional Director, ICLEI - Local Governments for
        Sustainability

        >LOCAL PARTNERS
        >

        >City of Houston
        >
        >ICLEI - South
        Central Regional Capacity Center

        > University of
        Houston -Downtown

        href="http://citynet.cityofhouston.net/CNAdministration/RT/jedediah.greenfield@...">http://citynet. cityofhouston. net/CNAdministra tion/RT/jedediah .greenfield@ cityofhouston. net
        >%20>jedediah.greenfield @cityofhouston. net
        >http://www.houstont x.gov/environmen t/index.html
        >

        >Or
        >

        >Betin Santos
        >
        >Regional Director, SC RCC
        >
        >ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
        >
        > Houston ,
        w:st="on">TX

        href="mailto:betin.santos%40iclei.org">betin.santos@ iclei.org

        >Cell: 832-630-3126
        >

        >National Contact:
        >
        >Monica Walters, ICLEI
        >
        >510.844.0699 x315
        >

        >----------
        ><http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>Register
        for
        >CitizensNet or go to <http://www.houstont x.gov/>www.houstontx. gov
        >and scroll down to CitizensNet logo.
        >
        ><http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>Change
        your
        >email address or Update your record
        >
        >To prevent your email service provider from marking a CitizensNet
        >message as spam,
        >please add Mayor.Bill.White@ cityofhouston. net
        to your address book.

        >Disclaimer: All information, excluding your e-mail address, is
        >generally subject to public disclosure
        >under the Texas Public Information Act
        (See Chapter 552 of the Texas
        >Government Code).
        >
        >Thank you for your continued interest in the CitizensNet E-Newsletter.
        >Mailing Address: City of Houston |
        w:st="on"> P.O. Box 1562 | Houston , Texas 77251

        href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.aspx?USC=OELLLKWKX">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.aspx?USC= OELLLKWKX>Unsubscribe

        Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@ riseup.net
        Houston 713-443-3104

        "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
        learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
        potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
        the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

        "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

        Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
        http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

      • Pete J. Carrasquillo
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007

          What is the solar tour and start address?

          Pete J. Carrasquillo

          The Master's Plan Development Group, LLC

          832-969-5685 Direct

          832-644-2572 Fax

          www.TMPdevelopment.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007

            You can go to the web site  www.houstonsolartour.com for more information

            You can start at any location, it’s from 12 – 5.  Mostly residences, one LEED school.  $10 per car load.  The tour showcases projects with solar/renewable energy as well as energy efficiency.

            Hope to see you there!

            Kathleen

            Can you please let people know about the solar tour at the same time. . .

            And we need volunteers to greet and collect the tour fee on the day of the tour. .

            Kathleen.

            Can anyone help me push flyers at this event on Thursday, UH
            downtown, 5:15 to 7pm.

            >From: MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET

            w:st="on">Houston , TX 77002

            >The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of
            >the Academic
            w:st="on">Building .

            >WHO:
            >
            >Speakers & Roundtable Participants
            >
            >Dr. Max Castillo, President, University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)
            >
            >Dr. Adolfo Santos, Department of. Social Sciences UHD
            >
            >Dr. Peter Bishop, Futures Studies,
            w:st="on">University of Houston (UH)

            >Dr. Barry Lefer, Geosciences, UH
            >
            >Karl Pepple, Director of Environmental Programming, City of
            w:st="on"> Houston

            >Betin Santos, Regional Director, ICLEI - Local Governments for
            Sustainability

            >LOCAL PARTNERS
            >

            >City of Houston
            >
            >ICLEI - South
            Central Regional Capacity Center

            > University of
            Houston -Downtown

> [...]
            >Mailing Address: City of Houston |
            w:st="on"> P.O. Box 1562 | Houston , Texas 77251
            >City Hall Address: City of Houston | 901
            Bagby | Houston , Texas 77002

            ><
            href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.aspx?USC=OELLLKWKX">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.aspx?USC= OELLLKWKX>Unsubscribe
            >from CitizensNet.

            Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@ riseup.net
            Houston 713-443-3104

            "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
            learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
            potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
            the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

            "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

          • donald cook
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
              Hi, Nan -- My mother-in-law died late last night, and because of funeral arrangements, etc., I won't be able to help you on Thursday. I am frustrated because this continues my unfortunate trend of not helping with preparations for the ASPO conference. -- Don

              ________________________________> To: hreg@yahoogroups.com> From: nanhildreth@...> Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:27:44 -0500> Subject: [hreg] Thurs 5-7, Mayor hosts global warming conversation>> Can anyone help me push flyers at this event on Thursday, UH> downtown, 5:15 to 7pm.>>From: MAYORBILLWHITE@...>>[mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE@...] On Behalf Of City of>>Houston Health and Environmental Policy>>Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:40 AM>>To: AHTULLOS@...>>Subject: Upcoming Event: National Conversation on Climate Action>>>>[]>>>>>>Houston Hosts Community-wide Discussion on Climate Action and>>Sustainability at University of Houston-Downtown>>>>>>>>Houston, Texas and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability>>(International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives) will>>join more than 50 other local governments from across the country in>>hosting a community-wide discussion about the science behind and>>solutions to global warming. The event is part of the National>>Conversation on Climate Action and is designed to highlight and>>catalyze local efforts to address global warming, build local>>awareness and facilitate community engagement. The National>>Conversation is sponsored by ICLEI-Local Governments for>>Sustainability, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies and>>the Association of Science-Technology Centers.>>>>>>>>WHAT: "Taking Action in Houston through Sustainability", a part of>>the National Conversation on Climate Action>>(www.climateconversation.org).>>>>>>>>Houston's event will involve several short presentations and a panel>>discussion with audience participation.>>>>>>>>WHEN: Thursday, October 4, 2007>>>>5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.>>>>>>>>WHERE: Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium>>>> University of Houston-Downtown>>>>One Main St., Houston, TX 77002>>>>>>>>The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of>>the Academic Building.>>>>>>>>WHO:>>>>Speakers & Roundtable Participants>>>>Dr. Max Castillo, President, University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)>>>>Dr. Adolfo Santos, Department of. Social Sciences UHD>>>>Dr. Peter Bishop, Futures Studies, University of Houston (UH)>>>>Dr. Barry Lefer, Geosciences, UH>>>>Karl Pepple, Director of Environmental Programming, City of Houston>>>>Betin Santos, Regional Director, ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOCAL PARTNERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>City of Houston>>>>ICLEI - South Central Regional Capacity Center>>>>University of Houston -Downtown>>>>Citizen's Environmental Coalition>>>>>>>>PARKING:>>>>Please arrive at UHD by 5:15 p.m. to allow for parking, etc. Parking>>for the first 50 cars will be free in the reserved Visitor's lot.>>Please tell the parking attendant you are there for the National>>Conversation on Climate Action. Guests can also travel to UHD by>>METRO light rail. Alternatively, guests can park at metered parking>>under I-10 overpass.>>>>Map>>>>>>>>CONTACTS:>>>>Local:>>>>Jedediah Greenfield>>Environmental Communications Manager>>Mayor's Office>>City of Houston>>900 Bagby, 3rd Floor>>713-437-6961>>>%20>jedediah.greenfield@...>>http://www.houstontx.gov/environment/index.html>>>>>>>>Or>>>>>>>>Betin Santos>>>>Regional Director, SC RCC>>>>ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability>>>>Houston, TX>>>>>betin.santos@...>>>>Cell: 832-630-3126>>>>>>>>National Contact:>>>>Monica Walters, ICLEI>>>>510.844.0699 x315>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>---------->>Register for>>CitizensNet or go to www.houstontx.gov>>and scroll down to CitizensNet logo.>>>>Change your>>email address or Update your record>>>>To prevent your email service provider from marking a CitizensNet>>message as spam,>>please add Mayor.Bill.White@... to your address book.>>>>Disclaimer: All information, excluding your e-mail address, is>>generally subject to public disclosure>>under the Texas Public Information Act (See Chapter 552 of the Texas>>Government Code).>>>>Thank you for your continued interest in the CitizensNet E-Newsletter.>>Mailing Address: City of Houston | P.O. Box 1562 | Houston, Texas 77251>>City Hall Address: City of Houston | 901 Bagby | Houston, Texas 77002>>>>Unsubscribe>>from CitizensNet.> Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...> Houston 713-443-3104> "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and> learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the> potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in> the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."> "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."> Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine> http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796>

            • Nan Hildreth
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
                If you post a flyer for the tour , I'll print some out and pass them around.

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007

                  href="mailto:MAYORBILLWHITE%40CITYOFHOUSTON.NET">MAYORBILLWHITE@ CITYOFHOUSTON. NET
                  href="mailto:AHTULLOS%40GMAIL.COM">AHTULLOS@GMAIL. COM

                  href="http://www.climateconversati">http://www.climatec onversati
                  > on.org/>www. climateconversat ion.org).
                  > >

                  > > Houston 's
                  event will involve several short presentations and a panel
                  > >discussion with audience participation.
                  > >

                  > >WHEN: Thursday, October 4, 2007
                  > >
                  > >5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
                  > >

                  > >WHERE: Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium
                  > >
                  > > University of Houston-Downtown
                  > >
                  > > One Main St. ,
                  Houston , TX 77002

                  > >The auditorium is located on the 3rd floor (Main Street Level) of
                  > >the Academic
                  Building .

                  > >WHO:
                  > >
                  > >Speakers & Roundtable Participants
                  > >
                  > >Dr. Max Castillo, President,
                  w:st="on">University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)

                  href="http://www.houstontx.gov/environment/climateaction-map.pdf">http://www.houstont x.gov/environmen t/climateaction- map.pdf>http:/

                  href="http://citynet.cityofhouston.net/CNAdministration/RT/jedediah.gre">http://citynet. cityofhouston. net/CNAdministra tion/RT/jedediah .gre

                  href="http://www.houston">http://www.houston
                  > tx.gov/environment/ index.html
                  > >

                  > >Or
                  > >

                  > >Betin Santos
                  > >
                  > >Regional Director, SC RCC
                  > >
                  > >ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability
                  > >
                  > > Houston ,
                  w:st="on">TX

                  href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/citizensnet/Login.aspx">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/citizensnet/ Login.aspx>http://coh
                  href="http://www.houstontx.gov/">http://www.houstont x.gov/>www.houstontx. gov

                  href="http://cohapp.cityofhouston.gov/CitizensNet/ConfirmUnsubscribe.as">http://cohapp. cityofhouston. gov/CitizensNet/ ConfirmUnsubscri be.as

                  href="mailto:NanHildreth%40riseup.net">NanHildreth@ riseup.net

                  href="http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796">http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

                  Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@ riseup.net
                  Houston 713-443-3104

                  "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
                  learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
                  potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
                  the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

                  "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

                  Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
                  http://www.yesmagaz ine.org/article. asp?ID=796

                • Michael Ewert
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007

                    So far I’ve gotten 0 HREG volunteers from my email on 9/26, so we can still use help to make this a quality HREG sponsored event.

                    If you can help from 11:45-2:45 or 2:30-5:15 on Saturday at one of the houses, please let me know.  281-326-1853

                    Even if you can only work the first hour or 2 that would be a big help because I expect it to be busiest at first.

                    Remember, you get a free ticket if you volunteer, which is good for your whole family to visit other houses on the tour and a free CFL light bulb.

                    Thank you,

                    Mike

                  • lkhilts