Donations & Ideas

  • Susan Modikoane
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
      My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit the school.

      I'm on the auction donations committee.  My idea is to place exclusively renewable energy items in the auction.

      If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.

      I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)

      Thanks!

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
        Date?

        Ariel
        generations.
        ------------------------------------

        > My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit
        > the school.
        >
        > I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
        > renewable energy items in the auction.
        >
        > If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
        > like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
        >
        > I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy
        > into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
        >
        > Thanks!
      • Susan Modikoane
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
          Friday, November 2.

          Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
          Date?

          Ariel
          generations.
          ------------ --------- --------- ------

          > My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit
          > the school.
          >
          > I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
          > renewable energy items in the auction.
          >
          > If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
          > like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
          >
          > I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy
          > into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
          >
          > Thanks!

          Got a little couch potato?

        • Ariel Thomann
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
            Ahhhh... valuable parameter to know! Now, I'll try to put my thinking cap on.

            Ariel
            generations.
            ------------------------------------

            > Friday, November 2.
            >
            > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote: Date?
            >
            > Ariel
            > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
            > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
            > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
            > generations.
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            >> My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit
            >> the school.
            >>
            >> I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
            >> renewable energy items in the auction.
            >>
            >> If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
            >> like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
            >>
            >> I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy
            >> into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
            >>
            >> Thanks!
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Got a little couch potato?
          • Susan Modikoane
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
              Thanks, Ariel.

              I was hoping some of the services would donate some analysis or something for advertisement.

              Maybe they can't afford to.  But it doesn't hurt to try.

              At my apartment complex they haven't changed out any light bulbs yet.  Nor are they recycling.

              It's really frustrating trying to get people to see how serious the situation is.

              Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
              Ahhhh... valuable parameter to know! Now, I'll try to put my thinking cap on.

              Ariel
              generations.
              ------------ --------- --------- ------

              > Friday, November 2.
              >
              > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@pol. net> wrote: Date?
              >
              > Ariel
              > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
              > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
              > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
              > generations.
              > ------------ --------- --------- ------
              >
              >> My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit
              >> the school.
              >>
              >> I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
              >> renewable energy items in the auction.
              >>
              >> If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
              >> like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
              >>
              >> I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy
              >> into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
              >>
              >> Thanks!
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Got a little couch potato?

            • Tony W. DeRamus
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
                Hi Susan

                My company is more than happy to include a free energy rating for your auction. These types of audits typically are in the range of $400-800 for residential homes.

                I am on the road at the present moment, but I will contact you tomorrow for further details.

                Have a nice day!

                Tony DeRamus

                Tony W. DeRamus
                Beacon Energy Solutions
                4801 Woodway Dr., Ste 300 East
                Houston, TX 77056
                (713) 513-6180 Office
                (800) 615-9754 Toll Free
                (713) 513-6130 Fax
                www.BeaconEnergySolutions.com

                I was hoping some of the services would donate some analysis or something for advertisement.

                Maybe they can't afford to.  But it doesn't hurt to try.

                At my apartment complex they haven't changed out any light bulbs yet.  Nor are they recycling.

                It's really frustrating trying to get people to see how serious the situation is.

                Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:

                Ahhhh... valuable parameter to know! Now, I'll try to put my thinking cap on.

                Ariel
                generations.
                ------------------------------------

                > Friday, November 2.
                >
                > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@pol. <mailto:ajthomann%40pol.net> net> wrote: Date?
                >
                > Ariel
                > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
                > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
                > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                > generations.
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                >> My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit
                >> the school.
                >>
                >> I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
                >> renewable energy items in the auction.
                >>
                >> If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
                >> like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
                >>
                >> I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy
                >> into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
                >>
                >> Thanks!
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Got a little couch potato?

                ----------------
                Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51200/*http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFibjNlcHF0BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDYXV0b3MtZHJlYW1jYXI-> with Yahoo! Autos.

                Messages <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcGlndGpuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTE5MDkxNDAxMA--> | Files <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNzQyNGh0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzExOTA5MTQwMTA-> | Photos <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJldTl2YzdzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Bob3QEc3RpbWUDMTE5MDkxNDAxMA--> | Links <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZHZ1MHZvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2xpbmtzBHN0aW1lAzExOTA5MTQwMTA-> | Database <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJja2ppamFzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2RiBHN0aW1lAzExOTA5MTQwMTA-> | Polls <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJma29hMTZkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3BvbGxzBHN0aW1lAzExOTA5MTQwMTA-> | Members <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYXZoY2g3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21icnMEc3RpbWUDMTE5MDkxNDAxMA--> | Calendar <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcWkxaGs2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2NhbARzdGltZQMxMTkwOTE0MDEw>

                Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:hreg-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest> | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:hreg-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional>

                Visit Your Group
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg;_ylc=X3oDMTJkanYwcm44BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMTkwOTE0MDEw> |
                Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> |

                Recent Activity

                *
                 3
                New Members <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hreg/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmc2VoZWV2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExOTg3NzgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MTc3BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzExOTA5MTQwMTA->

                Yoga Resources
                on Yahoo! Groups <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12j0154a2/M=493064.10771301.11554070.8674578/D=groups/S=1705064177:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1190921210/A=4699088/R=0/SIG=11pv8cj55/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yogazone/index.html>
                Take the stress
                out of your life.
              • Ariel Thomann
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
                  Yeah, it's frustrating. I gave management at my apartments (800 units; the
                  company has several other complexes of comparable size) an on/off shower switch
                  (SWITCH, not low-flow head), with an explanatory letter, etc. That was 4-5
                  months ago; haven't heard from them yet about it...

                  But they do have CFF's almost everywhere in public areas.

                  Ariel
                  generations.
                  ------------------------------------

                  > Thanks, Ariel.
                  >
                  > I was hoping some of the services would donate some analysis or something
                  > for advertisement.
                  >
                  > Maybe they can't afford to. But it doesn't hurt to try.
                  >
                  > At my apartment complex they haven't changed out any light bulbs yet. Nor
                  > are they recycling.
                  >
                  > It's really frustrating trying to get people to see how serious the
                  > situation is.
                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  > Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:
                  > Ahhhh... valuable parameter to know! Now, I'll try to put my
                  > thinking cap on.
                  >
                  > Ariel
                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  >> Friday, November 2.
                  >>
                  >> Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote: Date?
                  >>
                  >> Ariel
                  >> ------------------------------------
                  >>
                  >>> My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to
                  >>> benefit the school.
                  >>>
                  >>> I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
                  >>> renewable energy items in the auction.
                  >>>
                  >>> If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
                  >>> like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
                  >>>
                  >>> I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable
                  >>> energy into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
                  >>>
                  >>> Thanks!

                • Susan Modikoane
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 7, 2007
                    Tony - Attached is the form to use for the auction.

                    I hope that you get a lot of business from this.

                    You can email it to kmd@...

                    Thank you so much!!!

                    Ariel Thomann wrote:

                    Ahhhh... valuable parameter to know! Now, I'll try to put my thinking cap on.

                    Ariel
                    generations.
                    ------------------------------------

                    > Friday, November 2.
                    >
                    > Ariel Thomann net> wrote: Date?
                    >
                    > Ariel
                    > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
                    > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
                    > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                    > generations.
                    > ------------------------------------
                    >
                    >> My daughter's school (River Oaks Elementary) is having an auction to benefit
                    >> the school.
                    >>
                    >> I'm on the auction donations committee. My idea is to place exclusively
                    >> renewable energy items in the auction.
                    >>
                    >> If anyone would like to donate services, classes or has any items they'd
                    >> like to donate to a renewable energy basket, please let me know.
                    >>
                    >> I'd also be wide open to suggestions on ideas of how to put renewable energy
                    >> into the auction (affordable ideas, etc.)
                    >>
                    >> Thanks!
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Got a little couch potato?

                    ----------------