The trouble with fragmentalization.........

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2007
      Everything is interrelated. We cannot separate renewable energy from political issues.  It is through political movements that we make issues main stream.  The name of my next permaculture class is Land developement and design.  We were trying to decide what topics needed to be incorporated into our sustainable design. Much to my surprise we were told that we would not be discussing the phycological aspect of things in class. I don't know how this is possible since I read a while back a report of an award winning sustainable place that ended up loosing all of it's young people to the city. The point is that all issues form a part of the whole. If a person disagrees with a point of view, the best thing to do is to present a counter point. We can all learned from this. This should be a useful thing when it comes to perspective and dealing with the incorporation of all people. We simply need each other if we are going to succeed in maximizing the use of resources. The question is how can we meet the needs of the diversity of people to accomplish the goal. How do we take all these elements to create flow? How do we get everyone to participate?  Participation is the result of an action that originates in the will. Everything starts in the mind. How people think is a tool that can be used to accomplish this goal. If I know how a person thinks, it will make it easier to meet their needs and motivate this person to participate in the movement. I particularly enjoyed the discusion of religion.  Two completly different points of view, both participating in the same forum. Let's work together!