That's it

  • Susan Modikoane
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 14, 2007
      This from CBS news though it was just discussed on MSNBC:

      "Texas' Hunt Oil Co. and Kurdistan's regional government said they have signed a production-sharing contract for petroleum exploration in the Kurdistan region of northern Iraq, the first such deal since the Kurds passed their own oil and gas law in August.

      A Hunt subsidiary, Hunt Oil Co. of the Kurdistan Region, will begin geological survey and seismic work by the end of 2007 and hopes to drill an exploration well in 2008, the parties said in a news release Saturday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. ... "We're very pleased to have the opportunity to be a part of these landmark events by actively participating in the establishment of the petroleum industry," Ray L. Hunt, Hunt's CEO, said in a statement.

      Hunt, who is also on the board of Halliburton, has been a key fundraiser for President George W. Bush, who named him to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board."

      According to MSNBC and Krugman at the NYT, as a member of the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, Ray Hunt would have had full access to all of the Iraq intelligence there is to be had. Since the central Iraqi government has yet to pass the oil revenue sharing legislation that the Bush administration has been pushing for since they were elected, you have to think this private deal between Hunt Oil and the Kurds mayl totally fracture Iraq.

      Meanwhile, this week it was reported in Pacifica that the Tigress River is bloated with corpses.  There are 150,000 refugees from Southern Iraq living in a Baghdad slum with no water or electricity.  The only water is poluted water from a hose.  Yesterday it was reported on CNN that there were 17,000 civilians killed in Iraq in August, alone.  They showed the bodies lined up for as far as the eye could see, waiting to be claimed.  There were volunteers who would go and take their photos and number them before wrapping them in a sheet and burying them.  This they did at great personal risk.

      Having this knowledge, I cannot continue to tolerate this genocide.  From now on, I'm jamming the phone lines of all those responsible until this policy is changed.  Whether it's my political representatives or the offices of the private contractors and corporations profiting from this.

      I hope you'll join me in my fly on shit campaign.

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
    • anniemktx
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 11, 2007
        One of the members of our Low Carbon Diet class said she hangs
        clothes inside to dry. That provides the added benefit of
        humidifying the house a little. A good thing to try for people who
        haven't had luck drying outside. I myself, like Lunce, love those
        ozone smelling sheets!

        Anne

        In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I haven't been to a meeting of HREG for a long time, but the green
        > symposium last February sure made me sick, the majority of the
        people
        > were very fragrant. It would be wonderful if you are correct.
        > Bright Blessings,
        > Kim
        >
        > Ariel Thomann wrote:
        > > Surely nobody on this list is still using those little sheets!
        > >
        > > Ariel
        > > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one
        another, since
        > > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
        > > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy.
        Think ahead 7