green homes

  • Bridget Jensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
      Last week at the Woodlands Conference on Sustainability, I met a fellow
      from the D.C. area who works with an orgnaization called "Green Homes"
      or something like that. They work with their local Habitat for
      Humanity. He said that many Habitat for Humnaity chapters have an
      "e-team" that focuses on energy efficiency and environmental house
      building. I left a message on the voice mail of Houston Habitat for
      Humanity asking about this but have yet to receive a response. I'll try
      to find out more about the D.C. organization and Habitat e-teams so we
      won't have to reinvent the wheel if we decide to direct our energies
      toward helping and encouraging the building of energy-efficient low cost
      homes.

      Bridget Jensen
    • ChasMauch@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
        Sounds very interesting, Bridget. Be sure to let us know what you find from
        the DC and Habitat folks.
        Charlie