Re: [hreg] Revolutionary new technology to replace batteries for electric cars?

  • Bashir Syed
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 5, 2007
      The basic Physics governs the behavior of a Capacitor, in which the dielectric properties of the medium filling the space between two charged electrodes plays a significant role. One of the electrode in an Ultra Capacitor is made up of spongy carbon, which increases the effective area of this electrode. The dielectric material in this device is an organic gel. Superconductivity has nothing to do with its electrical behavior. Superconductivitivity plays only a role when charge flows through a conductor. In a capacitor Charge is stationary unless there is conductive path internally or externally. What most people tend to forget is that our environment has ionizing radiation both from within the earth (due to the presence of radioactive elements like Uranium, Thorium, Radium, etc.) and from the high energy protons and other heavy elements (like Iron ions), coming towards us in the form of Cosmic rays. High energy protons come from Solar flares and Coronal Mass Ejections (CME) which are responsible for a charged object to lose its charge after a while. Ultra capacitors can hold the charge for quite a while, but due to ionized medium (i.e. dielectric), the charge is effected. But as Maxwell's literature shows that such capacitors are used across a DC source which is frequently turned on and off to opperate a machine (like DC motors, etc. in trams -Europe) The transients are cushioned by the presence of such a device across the power source (such as batteries) and does not cause undue stress upon the source of EMF. Our tests verified the fact that Ionising Radiation (like Cosmic rays and High Energy Solar Protons) as we know, does effect the stored charge in these devices, but very little effect is caused by Gamma radiation.
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 6, 2007

        I have sent the presentation to the emails we had for the class attendees.

        If you attended but did not receive a copy, please email me.

        Thanks,

        Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

        Eco-Holdings LLC

        4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Suite 114

        Houston, Texas 77025

        Tel: 713-377-4209

        Fax: 832-201-5338

        Cell: 713-530-1950

        www.eco-holdings.com

        “Where Sustainability is Designed”

      • RHANI BABENDURE
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 6, 2007
                 I would appreciate receiving the presentation copy even though I was not there.  If  possible,  please
           send to me as follows:
                                                          Rhani Sale Babendure
                                                          2023 Fairway Green
                                                          Kingwood, TX  77339

                                                          281-360-4880

                  Thank you!

          To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
          From: eco@...
          Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:50:02 -0500
          Subject: [hreg] Green Homes Intro Class Presentation Copy

          I have sent the presentation to the emails we had for the class attendees.

          If you attended but did not receive a copy, please email me.

          Thanks,

          Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP

          Eco-Holdings LLC

          4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Suite 114

          Houston, Texas 77025

          Tel: 713-377-4209

          Fax: 832-201-5338

          Cell: 713-530-1950

          www.eco-holdings. com

          “Where Sustainability is Designed”

        • Pete J. Carrasquillo
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 6, 2007

            Me too please:

            Pete J. Carrasquillo

            14527 Cottage Timbers

            Houston, Texas 77044

            Pete J. Carrasquillo

            Remax Suburban

            832-969-5685 Direct

            281-852-8900 Office

            832-644-2572 Fax

            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 6, 2007
              Thanks to you, Bashir & Gardner, for your reply.

              Ariel Thomann <ajthomann@...> wrote:

              There's also ASES; specifically with Solar Tours coming up: http://www.ases. org/tour/
              Or EAA's http://www.eaaev. org/eaaevents. html#AltWheels if you're inclined to travel.

              On Wed, September 5, 2007 09:41 CDT, JOHN GARDNER wrote:

              Take a look at the TXSES calendar of events.