Ask Gene Green to support Clean Energy

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2007
      Congressman Gene Green has been voting against renewable energy and
      energy efficiency. Can you ask him to vote for clean energy and
      climate protection at one of his four town hall meetings in the next
      week? Could you also pass out the attached flyer? If you can, RSVP
      to Nan Hildreth 713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...
      www.HoustonClimateProtection.org or Environment Texas
      1-512-479-0388. www.environmentTexas.org

      Thanks, Nan Hildreth

      MEETINGS SCHEDULED
      * Thurs 8/23, 6:30pm Southeast Houston, Stanager Library. (From the
      intersection of 45 and Wayside go north on Wayside. The road will
      split at Polk, and you will be on S/Sgt Macario Garcia. Go past
      Harrisburg. The library will be on your left just before Canal Street.)
      * Sat 8/25 11am, East, Jacinto City (610 east & I-10 east)
      * Mon 8/27 6:30pm Northeast, Beltway 8 North of i-10
      * Tues 8/28 6:30, Northside, Little York & 45 N
      Location information: http://www.house.gov/green/news_center/events.shtml

      To contact Green http://www.house.gov/green/contact/ His district is
      shown on http://www.house.gov/green/district/map_large.html To lookup
      your elected officials. http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/

      BACKGROUND INFORMATION
      The Safe Climate Act, HR 1590, would require electricity companies
      to buy more renewable energy. The bill would direct the EPA to make
      cars more fuel efficient (reduce greenhouse gas emissions). The
      bill would freeze greenhouse gas emissions at 2009 levels and set up
      a cap and trade system. The bill would direct electricity companies
      to invest more in energy efficiency programs that would save you
      money. http://www.house.gov/waxman/safeclimate/

      More than 140 members of Congress including Sheila Jackson Lee have
      co-sponsored the Safe Climate Act. Green's vote is important as he's
      on the Congressional Energy Committee. Gene Green led opposition to
      raising auto gas
      mileage.
      http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2007_4396543
      Green's opposition to energy saving and clean energy made
      international news.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6824723,00.html

      Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...
      Houston 713-443-3104

      "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
      learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
      potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
      the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

      "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

      Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
      http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796
    • n/ a
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007

        forward to your email list if you agree.  this is a trillion dollar bail out by tax payers

        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/NOSUBPRIMEBAILOUT/

        From: Nan Hildreth <nanhildreth@...>
        To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [hreg] Ask Gene Green to support Clean Energy