pigs--er, plutonium--in space

  • Paul Archer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2007
      I was thinking about this recent discussion of sending radioactive waste
      into out space. First, there are some inherent dangers in rocket propulsion,
      and a Challenger-magnitude accident would be very, very bad. But the cost of
      sending a payload into space (several pounds of gold worth for each pound of
      payload, I think was mentioned) is predicated on humans taking the payload
      into space--and humans coming back. A simple (only a relative term) ICBM
      type rocket is much, much cheaper. You don't have to worry about G forces,
      livable environment, radiation (besides the stuff you're sending), or
      getting anyone back to earth.

      Paul

      ------------The UNIX Guru's View of Sex-----------
      # unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ;\

      -----11019 days until retirement!-----