3 upcoming climate events

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2007
      Sunday, 8/19 11am "Climate change, how bad could it be?" will be
      addressed by Tim Mock. Tim will explain a Scientific American
      article titled "Strangling heat and gases emanating from the earth
      and sea, not asteroids, likely caused several ancient mass
      extinctions. Could the same killer-greenhouse gas conditions build
      once again?" (October '06) Unitarian Fellowship, 1504 Wirt Road,
      Houston. More info, Tim_Mock@... 713-662-2879

      Sunday, 9/9 2:30 pm "How to help folks take responsibility for
      reducing their climate footprint" will be the topic of the next
      meeting of Houston Climate Protection Alliance at First Unitarian
      Universalist Church.

      Thursday, 9/13, 7pm, class on how to go on a Low Carbon Diet and lose
      5,000 pounds off your greenhouse gas emissions. 4 thursdays at
      Christ Church Cathedral. RSVP to
      ahtullos@...

      More information on all of these is published on
      www.HoustonClimateProtection.org on the bottom right of the home page.

      Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@...
      Houston 713-443-3104

      "An authentic movement is not a play for power - it is teaching and
      learning writ large." "Now the world becomes our classroom, and the
      potential to teach and learn is found everywhere. We need only be in
      the world as our true selves, with open hearts and minds."

      "the simple choice to live with integrity can have far-reaching effects."

      Palker Palmer in Yes! Magazine
      http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=796
    • Susan Modikoane
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2007
        What ever happened to the Peak Oil ASPO convention that was going to be held in October?

        Houston. More info, Tim_Mock@USA. com 713-662-2879

        ahtullos@gmail. com

        Nan Hildreth NanHildreth@ riseup.net