Re: [hreg] Confirming Green Home Intro Class on Aug 16 from 630 to 830 pm ('An Engineer's Green Home Check List')

  • betina wolfowicz
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007
      I will try my best to go, Betina Wolfowicz

      Ed Joyner <edjoyner@...> wrote:
      Gary:

      I'll be there but I may be a few minutes late since I'm attending the Greater Houston Partnership meeting in downtown Houston until 5:30pm and traffic may slow me down getting to your location.

      If that's okay, then put me down as one of your 14 RSVP's.
      Please advise if that will work for you.

      Thanks,

      Ed Joyner
      832 875-6954
      edjoyner@sbcglobal. net

      Gary Beck wrote:
      The Green Homes Intro Class is on for this Thursday from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Eco-Holdings office conference room.
      This will be a small informal presentation and discussion that is space limited to the first 14 RSVPs.
      The presentation follows and “engineer’s view point” and starts with a compressed green home overview presentation. It then switches to an informal discussion based around our ‘An Engineer’s Green Home Check List’ hand out.  This is the same basic “engineer’s perspective” presentation with improvement as was first presented at the last G. Brown Center Houston Home Show.   It covers the basics of green homes with a focus on helping make early design decisions on structural and energy system choices.
      Liberal allowance is made for discussions on any green building topic both during and after the presentation. We will cover green wood frame approaches plus for those that are not familiar with alternatives to wood frame, we have a few SIP and AAC building system samples.
      We currently have 6 RSVPs which will allow more informal discussion during and after the presentation. I will arrange for a ‘light’ pizza and soft drinks.
      Again, we have space for 14 maximum, so please RSVP to this email ASAP if  you plan to attend.
      Gary Beck, P.E.
      Eco-Holdings LLC
      4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Suite 114
      Houston, Texas 77025
      Tel: 713-377-4209
      Fax: 832-201-5338
      Cell: 713-530-1950
      Maps and Directions
      <!--[if !supportLists]-->1.      <!--[endif]-->From KATY (20 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour)
      "SIMPLE" directions (2 turns!)- Take the Westpark tollroad (EZ Tag required) towards downtown to its end (don't exit on Post Oak.) Turn right on the 3rd light (Wesleyan). Drive south about 2 miles through West University (30 mph only!). Follow the 'left' jog in the road and then cross over Bellaire-Holcombe. Continue straight and when you see Pershing middle school on the left, turn RIGHT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).
      <!--[if !supportLists]-->2.      <!--[endif]-->FROM TOMBALL - (35 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour)Take EITHER 290 OR I-45 to the 610 North Loop . Go on the west to the West Loop past the Galleria (construction all done - not bad at all!). Exit on Bellaire Blvd and turn left (east) and drive east about 2 miles through Bellaire (35 mph only!). Turn Right at the 3rd light (Wesleyan). Continue straight and when you see Pershing middle school on the left, turn RIGHT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).
      <!--[if !supportLists]-->3.      <!--[endif]-->FROM THE WOODLANDS OR KINGWOOD (40 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take Hardy Toll Road to 59 South...
      OR
      FROM KINGWOOD ( 30 minutes if not during the rush-hour) Take 59 South...
      <!--[if !supportLists]-->4.      <!--[endif]-->...THEN take 59 South, to 288 south, an then take the 610 South Loop WEST and go past Reliant stadium. Exit on Stella Link and turn right (north). Drive east about 1.5 miles. Cross Braes Bayou and continue straight and when you see the Weekly YMCA on the right, turn LEFT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).
      <!--[if !supportLists]-->5.      <!--[endif]-->FROM SUGARLAND (30 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take 59 North THEN take the 610 West Loop SOUTH. Exit on Bellaire Blvd and turn left (east) and drive east about 2 miles through Bellaire (35 mph only!). Turn Right at the 3rd light (Wesleyan). Continue straight and when you see Pershing middle school on the left, turn RIGHT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).
      <!--[if !supportLists]-->6.      <!--[endif]-->FROM CLEAR LAKE (45 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take 45 north to the 610 Loop...
      OR
      FROM PEARLAND (20 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take 288 North to the 610 Loop...
      ...THEN take the 610 South Loop WEST and go past Reliant stadium. Exit on Stella Link and turn right (north). Drive east about 1.5 miles. Cross Braes Bayou and continue straight and when you see the Weekly YMCA on the right, turn LEFT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).

      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.11.17/951 - Release Date: 8/13/2007 10:15 AM

    • Gary Beck
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2007

        The class is filling quickly but we still have few seats left.  It you want one or two of the remaining seats please RSVP ASAP.

[...]

        Click Here for a Map

        http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=4010+Bluebonnet+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77025,+United+States&ie=UTF8&cd=1&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.688845,81.738281&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1

        Verbal Directions ('SIMPLEST' - Type '77025' and then '4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd' into your GPS and press GO!)

        1.      From KATY (20 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour)
        "SIMPLE" directions (2 turns!)- Take the Westpark tollroad (EZ Tag required) towards downtown to its end (don't exit on Post Oak.) Turn right on the 3rd light (Wesleyan). Drive south about 2 miles through West University (30 mph only!). Follow the 'left' jog in the road and then cross over Bellaire-Holcombe. Continue straight and when you see Pershing middle school on the left, turn RIGHT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).

        2.      FROM TOMBALL - (35 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour)Take EITHER 290 OR I-45 to the 610 North Loop . Go on the west to the West Loop past the Galleria (construction all done - not bad at all!). Exit on Bellaire Blvd and turn left (east) and drive east about 2 miles through Bellaire (35 mph only!). Turn Right at the 3rd light (Wesleyan). Continue straight and when you see Pershing middle school on the left, turn RIGHT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).

        3.      FROM THE WOODLANDS OR KINGWOOD (40 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take Hardy Toll Road to 59 South...
        OR
        FROM KINGWOOD ( 30 minutes if not during the rush-hour) Take 59 South...

        4.      ...THEN take 59 South, to 288 south, an then take the 610 South Loop WEST and go past Reliant stadium. Exit on Stella Link and turn right (north). Drive east about 1.5 miles. Cross Braes Bayou and continue straight and when you see the Weekly YMCA on the right, turn LEFT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).

        5.      FROM SUGARLAND (30 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take 59 North THEN take the 610 West Loop SOUTH. Exit on Bellaire Blvd and turn left (east) and drive east about 2 miles through Bellaire (35 mph only!). Turn Right at the 3rd light (Wesleyan). Continue straight and when you see Pershing middle school on the left, turn RIGHT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).

        6.      FROM CLEAR LAKE (45 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take 45 north to the 610 Loop...
        OR
        FROM PEARLAND (20 minutes if not during or opposite of the rush-hour) Take 288 North to the 610 Loop...

        ...THEN take the 610 South Loop WEST and go past Reliant stadium. Exit on Stella Link and turn right (north). Drive east about 1.5 miles. Cross Braes Bayou and continue straight and when you see the Weekly YMCA on the right, turn LEFT on Blue Bonnet Blvd. 'Joes Auto' is on the corner, and our 2 story office building is immediately on the right. Park anywhere, come in the front door, turn right and we are the first suite on the left (#113+114).

      • Susan Modikoane

[...]

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

        • Gary Beck
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16, 2007

            We have reconfirmed to all RSVPs by direct email.  If you have RSVP’d for tonight’s class, but have not heard back from us by email by now, please call Carley at 713-377-4209 so we can be sure to have a seat available.

            We are expecting the bad weather to move through and out by this afternoon. We do not flood and all streets will be fine in our area.

            At least the weatherman predicts that tonight will be much better than the expected weather for next week!  Concerning such bad weather, part of the discussion on structural concepts and choices will include a ‘SIP’ discussion, which besides being an abbreviation for a Structural Insulated Panel, more importantly also stands for Shelter-In-Place.

            We look forward to seeing you and again, please feel free to call if needed for any reason.

            Gary Beck, P.E., LEED AP