[hreg] Clemens Statement

  • jclemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 1999
      To whom it may concern:

      I have lived in Houston since 1995.  With a latent interest in solar energy and an electrical engineering background, I joined ASES last spring.  I completed the solar home study program offered by Siemens Solar this past summer.  My week at SOLAR 99 convinced me that I needed to broaden my goals and interests.  It is through a contact I made as a member of ASES that I was referred to the Houston Renewable Energy Group (HREG).  I know the group has been around in one form or another for years, but the group is moving ahead with formalizing its mission, membership, and civic involvement.  Education is the group's primary goal.  HREG is a growing organization, but has members with long-standing interests and expertise in renewable energy, technology development, and green building.  HREG's association as a local chapter of TxSES is important in many respects.  The group can 1) help satisfy Houston's growing need to "go green", 2) help grow the membership and effectiveness of TxSES, and 3) provide for relationship building and technical interchange with the traditional energy industry.  Since conservation and renewable energy go hand in hand, my involvement with the Sierra Club can also be helpful.  As an HREG representative to the TxSES board, I will facilitate, moderate, and promote the joint goals of the Texas Solar Energy Society and the Houston region.

      Jonathan A. Clemens
      October 20, 1999

      Note:  Statement provided per request of Kathryn Houser.