Author of "Republican War on Science" to be in Houston

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2007
      Y'all -- this is from today's Humanists of Houston Roundtable:

      =================
      Hi HOH Friends :)

      Chris Mooney of Seed Magazine recently contacted us and asked that we send this
      along to you, our members, many of whom may well be interested...

      ===============================
      Dear Freethinkers of Houston,

      My name is Chris Mooney; I'm the Washington correspondent for Seed
      magazine (www.seedmagazine.com) and author of 2005's The Republican
      War on Science, which was excerpted among other places in Free Inquiry
      magazine, and drew a great deal of attention.

      I'm emailing you now because I'm going to be in your area July 18 to
      give a talk about my new book, Storm World: Hurricanes, Politics, and
      the Battle Over Global Warming. Especially given Houston's
      vulnerability, I imagine that many of your members might be interested
      in the subject. So I'm emailing hoping that, if appropriate, you might
      spread the word to them.

      Here are the details:

      July 18, 2007
      7:00 P.M.
      Barnes & Noble
      12850 Memorial Drive

      Directions can be found here, and much more info about the book is
      available via the same website.

      http://www.harcourtbooks.com/StormWorld/tour.asp

      thanks and best

      chris mooney

      Unfortunately, I'll be out of town; wish I could go meet him.

      Ariel
      generations.