RE: [hreg] Rainwater Harvesting

  • Pete J. Carrasquillo
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 16, 2007

      Thanks Larry, good info. Do you know of any company in Houston designing it?

      Pete J. Carrasquillo

      Remax Suburban

      832-969-5685 Direct

      281-852-8900 Office

      832-644-2572 Fax

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 16, 2007

        Thanks Jim,

        It would be for irrigation. Are you located in Houston, if so, please provide some contact information.

        Pete J. Carrasquillo

        Remax Suburban

        832-969-5685 Direct

        281-852-8900 Office

        832-644-2572 Fax

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
          Mark Illian 832-423-8425, The Center For Rainwater Harvesting. Give Mark a call, he's designing my rainwater harvesting system

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Rohini & Ethan
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
            The recent info and links regarding rainwater harvesting has been
            most helpful. Does the group also have info regarding prevailing
            wind patterns for the area, specifically the Waller County area?

            Thanks,
            Ethan
          • Ariel Thomann
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
              One of the oldest outfits is Tank Town, in Dripping Springs (some 15 miles West
              of Austin) but I think they would come to Houston. Check them out at
              www.rainwatercollection.com and they also provide a phone number (512) 894-0861.

              Ariel
              generations.
              ------------------------------------

              > Does anyone know of a place in Houston designing Rain harvesting for
              > residential?
              >
              > Pete J. Carrasquillo
            • Ariel Thomann
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
                Check this for starts. You may also wish to contact various nearby airports;
                they usually have that kind of info.

                Ariel
                generations.
                ------------------------------------

                > The recent info and links regarding rainwater harvesting has been most
                > helpful. Does the group also have info regarding prevailing wind patterns
                > for the area, specifically the Waller County area?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Ethan
              • Ariel Thomann
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
                  http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/online/ccd/wndspd.txt

                  Ariel
                  generations.
                  ------------------------------------

                  > Check this for starts. You may also wish to contact various nearby airports;
                  > they usually have that kind of info.
                  >
                  > Ariel
                  > - We are all Human beings here together. We have to help one another, since
                  > otherwise there is NO ONE who will help.
                  > - All countries need a NO REGRETS strategic energy policy. Think ahead 7
                  > generations.
                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  >> The recent info and links regarding rainwater harvesting has been most
                  >> helpful. Does the group also have info regarding prevailing wind patterns
                  >> for the area, specifically the Waller County area?
                  >>
                  >> Thanks,
                  >> Ethan
                • Rohini & Ethan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
                    The link was for wind speed only, is there similar info for prevailing wind directions?

                    Thanks,
                    ethan

                    On Jun 18, 2007, at 6:43 PM, Ariel Thomann wrote:

                    http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/online/ccd/wndspd.txt

                    Ariel
                    generations.
                    ------------------------------------

                    >> The recent info and links regarding rainwater harvesting has been most
                    >> helpful. Does the group also have info regarding prevailing wind patterns
                    >> for the area, specifically the Waller County area?
                    >>
                    >> Thanks,
                    >> Ethan

                  • Amanda Tullos
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 18, 2007
                      You are in luck- I am just going through all my favorites and reorganizing. Sorry, I'm a researching fool and I love climate analysis.

                      Try these for climate:

                      What will you do with all that info.......plug it in for results  ;)

                      Climate analysis (Holy crap- this is the first new release since 1991- now I'm excited and it's FREE!)

                      OOOOOOHHHH---I just installed that software and it does bioclimatic charts.........I'm going to cry, no more doing it by hand!...it has wind roses too! You'll need .epw files...find those here: http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm

                      Have fun!

                      Amanda Tullos, AIA, LEED AP

                      atullos@...

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 19, 2007
                        Thanks for all the info.  I'm planning for future construction and want to use real data instead of only relying on assumed or perceived situational data.
                        ethan

                        atullos@houston.rr.com