RE: [hreg] Trying out an energy conservation program at work.

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      Thanks!  They are on stand by 24/7.  This gives me something to start with.  We also have laptops on our desks.  We have about 3,000 employees in all.  I'm thinking if it goes well I will pass on to the entire company. I appreciate it.

      Paul Archer <tigger@...> wrote:
> [...]

      Typical desktop machine draws between 80-120 watts, with a monitor (active,
      anyway) using about 70 watts. A monitor in standby mode might be only 5-10
      watts, maybe less. These numbers are strictly from my experience, mind you.

      If you assume 85 watts total for computers and monitors in standby mode, and
      $.14/kwh, turning them off for 8 hours a day would save about $500/month.
      I'm guessing it would actually be more if they are currently left on during
      the weekend.

      Paul

      Never miss an email again!
      Yahoo! Toolbar

    • Bruce Pullig
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007

        My 17” monitor uses 59 Watts when being used, and 1 Watt when in standby mode.

        I have a Sun server that uses 155 Watts, so most PCs are going to use significantly less.

        My laptop uses 18 Watts when being used and 7 Watts when turned off.

        Bruce

        Bruce Pullig
        bruce@...

        http://www.pullig.com

        Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings; But he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be unpunished.