RE: [hreg] Travel & CO2 offsets

  • Kevin Conlin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2007

      I question the validity of these CO2 offset purchases, it has been revealed recently that this is a very new scam, many of the companies offering the credits have no way to actually honor them, and are just using the ruse to make money.

      The green credits being purchased globally far exceed those legitimately available.

      Mr. Solar Curmudgeon.

      ________________________

      Kevin Conlin

      Solarcraft, Inc.

      4007 C Greenbriar

      Stafford, TX 77477-4536

      Local (281) 340-1224

      Toll Free (877) 340-1224

      Fax 281 340 1230

      kconlin@...

      www.solarcraft.net

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2007
        So how would a person be able to verify the companies that are legit?  Are they all a scam? Is there a list like the ones for charities that you can verify the information?

        Kevin Conlin <kconlin@...> wrote:
        I question the validity of these CO2 offset purchases, it has been revealed recently that this is a very new scam, many of the companies offering the credits have no way to actually honor them, and are just using the ruse to make money.
        The green credits being purchased globally far exceed those legitimately available.
        Mr. Solar Curmudgeon.
        ____________ _________ ___
        Kevin Conlin
        Solarcraft, Inc.
        4007 C Greenbriar
        Stafford, TX 77477-4536
        Local (281) 340-1224
        Toll Free (877) 340-1224
        Fax 281 340 1230

        I just returned from Denver flying Continental. Both flights were completely full, even first class. I didn't travel standby, just regular old advance purchase ticket. I had no trouble getting on either flight.

        I did book my ticket through Expedia, and Expedia gave me the chance to buy CO2 offsets for my flight for an extra $5, which I did. This was done through something called "Terra Pass", more info at www.terrapass. com.

        Steve

        http://toolbar. Care2.com Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).

        http://www.Care2. com Green Living, Human Rights and more - 7 million members!

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.