{Disarmed} Re: [hreg] Continental Airlines offers carbon offsetting program

  • John and Mia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007

      I don't really see what any group can do for short term solutions besides do what we can to use as little energy as possible.. I'm real happy of the fact I recently changed jobs and my commute went from around an hour each way to about 15 minutes each way... I use much less gas and have much less stress due to dealing with nasty I-10 traffic in the AM... I went from filling up about twice a week to once every 2 weeks... I remember reading about how the woodlands changed... originally 80% of the workers traveled into Houston to work and now over 80% work in the Woodlands...
           one encouraging thing I recently read is that Weyerhaeuser (the parent company of where my wife works at) is doing research work for Chevron to make fuel for cars from non food based plants... change for the good