Re: [hreg] Re: Very interesting anti-global warming video

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 12 , May 30, 2007
      I was under the impression that Milankovitch cycles and other extraterrestrial,
      "cosmic" factors had been fairly well established not to be the causes of
      Earth's glacial periods, etc.

      I agree that neither (1) global warming nor (2) peak oil are stand-alone,
      exclusive reasons for our concern. There are also the other inter-related
      matters of (3) global overpopulation vis-a-vis (4) fresh water depletion and
      (6)cropland loss. Humanity must face them all soon, in a coordinated manner, or
      our descendants will curse us unto eternity. Once again, to paraphrase our
      misbegotten national "leaders", we must NOT wait until the smoking gun is in the
      form of a... dead planet.

      Ariel
      generations.