Re: [hreg] Re: very small house

  • Rohini & Ethan
    Message 1 of 17 , May 24, 2007
      This would be a good idea if more square footage or living space is needed.  Since we are trying to keep it small, and really only need a maximum of two spaces, the dog run layout has appeal.
      Thanks,
      Ethan

      On May 24, 2007, at 3:28 PM, The De Mesas wrote:

      I was wondering if instead of a dog run house if a small house built
      with basically a three cube design with a shade garden between the cubes
      wouldn't give more heat relief than a floored and roofed center porch
      area. In the houston area, our banana trees grow prodigiously and
      established themselves very easily with tall shading and no dropping of
      leaves etc. until time to cut down for the next year. They easily grow
      taller than a standard 1 story house and would provide lots of shade in
      the garden area for other plants. It would seem to me that the separated
      kitchen with rock/sand path and sitting area with lots of shade plants
      would dissipate heat etc. while providing a very pleasant outdoor living
      area.

      Just a thought.

      Blessings,
      Deborah