Reaching HREG Goals

  • boylss@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2001
      This was forwarded to me and I thought that it might be useful to all of us
      in (hreg), in helping us to reach our (herg) goals!

      Eight Ways To Great Days

      If you need a little help on the way to success, try on these eight steps.

      Although there is no such thing as instant success, research in peak
      performance has uncovered working techniques common to any high-achiever.
      Success is predictable. I'm committed to the belief that you can have more
      than what you have, because you can be more than what you are. You can be a
      better you.

      The time-honored principles here may seem over simplified because they've
      been put together in a rhyming and memorable form. But don't misjudge their
      power. If you choose to use them, you'll reap a harvest of achievement far
      outweighing your efforts.

      1. In a hole? Set a goal. All you've heard about setting goals is true. Goals
      equal success. Success equals goals. If you are not satisfied with where you
      are, don't run off in just any direction hoping things will work out for you.
      Decide what you want. (The Principle of "clear and simple intention" will
      work for you.) Be specific and write it down. It's easier to get anywhere
      when you have a map.

      2. Who you see is who you'll be. Losers live life from the outside in, while
      winners live life from the inside out. Everything ever achieved was first
      seen in someone's mind. Get a clear vision of what you will be like when you
      have achieved your goal. See the colors and the surroundings in your mind's
      eye. It has to become vivid on the inside of you before it becomes reality.

      3. At the start, play the part. An old adage says, "Play the part and you
      shall become." Once you see yourself as having already achieved what you
      want, it should be easy to act as though you already have it. This in not
      being phony or lying. We're not talking about acting as if you are someone
      you aren't, rather it is performing at maximum levels. Be what you can be -
      and you will be.

      4. Take choice over the inner-voice. Something in all of us wants to do
      what's convenient rather than what's necessary, to be negative rather than
      positive. The voice inside you will tell you why you can't achieve your goal
      and why you don't deserve it. You must choose to believe what you really
      want. Have the courage to embrace the greatness for which you were born.

      5. Don't debate, find what's great. Don't bother arguing or trying to defend
      yourself when things don't go right. Look for the silver lining in every
      cloud. Every adversity contains the seed of at least an equal blessing. This
      can be tough to remember in the middle of a storm. But if you waste energy
      trying to stop the rain, you'll completely miss the rainbow, and maybe not
      even be around to enjoy the flowers.

      6. After falling down, go one more round. Resilience - the ability to bounce
      back - is a good quality to cultivate. Successful people don't talk about
      failure, but use the words, "setback" or "challenge." If you are not falling
      down from time to time, you'd better take another look at your goals. You
      might be living too far within your comfort zone. You might need to reach
      higher. One definition for success is, "Fall seven times, get up eight!"

      7. For super style, live in the NOW. You are working toward your future. But
      true success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile goal or dream.
      Don't overlook the joys of today. And remember, guilt is the gift that keeps
      on giving. The past is past. Never allow your future to become a prisoner to
      the tyranny of the past. Wherever you are, be there!

      8. Going all out will give you clout. Enthusiasm is a powerful force. Be sure
      you are moving toward something you really want, love and can be excited
      about. Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Let your goal put a fire
      in your belly and a lion in your heart. Live your life with passion.
      About The Author: Joe Marino is a corporate educator and Personal Success
      Coach to high-achievers who want to achieve more without being consumed in
      the process.