Re: [hreg] Switchgrass helps cut CO2 emissions the most

  • Paul Archer
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2007
      6:37pm, Ariel Thomann wrote:

      > Sorry, I don't understand reduction by 115 percent. If my total worldly assets
      > amount to one dollar, how can I give away $ 1.15? Are we talking "perpetual
      > motion plus" here - actual creation of matter and/or energy?
      >
      > Ariel

      I'm not sure, but I think they mean that the plants absorb more CO2 than the
      burning of the end product produces, resulting in a net reduction in CO2.

      Paul
    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2007
        You may well be right; it's just confusing to the mathematically impaired like
        me. I do seem to recall that switchgrass has been advocated for biofuel since
        the mid 70's (I may have some old articles to that effect "somewhere").

        Ariel
        generations.
        ------------------------------------

        > 6:37pm, Ariel Thomann wrote:
        >
        >> Sorry, I don't understand reduction by 115 percent. If my total worldly
        >> assets amount to one dollar, how can I give away $ 1.15? Are we talking
        >> "perpetual motion plus" here - actual creation of matter and/or energy?
        >>
        >> Ariel
        >
        > I'm not sure, but I think they mean that the plants absorb more CO2 than the
        > burning of the end product produces, resulting in a net reduction in CO2.
        >
        > Paul
      • Daniel Stevens
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2007
          Who is our PermaFrost expert on HREG?

          Thanks,
          Daniel

          dan dot ksu at gmail dot com
        • daniel@permafrostinfo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2007
            If you are talking about the AC efficiency product and not frozen ground that would be me. Did you have some questions?

            Regards

            Daniel Vaczi
            www.Permafrostinfo.com
            832 877 8492