Rwanda Methane Plant

  • Susan Modikoane
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3 1:39 PM

      The BBC had a piece this morning about a delapidated Methane Energy Plant in Rwanda that Eco is negotiating to purchase and operate.  I couldn't find the information on the Internet but I did find the above site.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3 2:35 PM
        I was listening to this earlier today.  I think this is such a great idea but you hardly hear of it as a renewable. I also understand that this gas will be released in great volume when he ice melts creating even more green gas.  I wonder if anyone would know how to use this to our advantage.  I get the feeling it will be quite difficult.

        Susan Modikoane <suemodikoane@...> wrote:

        The BBC had a piece this morning about a delapidated Methane Energy Plant in Rwanda that Eco is negotiating to purchase and operate.  I couldn't find the information on the Internet but I did find the above site.

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • Nan Hildreth
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3 3:24 PM
          Since methane (natural gas) is a powerful greenhouse gas, 21 times more than carbon dioxide, its release by the melting arctic tundra is bad news.

          wrote:
          http://www.methanetomarkets.org/about/index.htm

          The BBC had a piece this morning about a delapidated Methane Energy Plant in Rwanda that Eco is negotiating to purchase and operate.  I couldn't find the information on the Internet but I did find the above site.

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643

          "On playing fields and battlegrounds, challenges that would be daunting and impossible if faced alone are suddenly possible when tackled in a close-knit group.  The people haven't changed, but the way in which the task appears to them has."  Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point

        • Susan Modikoane
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3 3:51 PM
            The piece on the BBC said that this process renders it harmless.

            Susan Modikoane <suemodikoane@ yahoo.com>

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3 5:25 PM

                    Ed

                    wrote:
                    http://www.methanet omarkets. org/about/ index.ht fields and battlegrounds, challenges that would be daunting and impossible if faced alone are suddenly possible when tackled in a close-knit group.  The people haven't changed, but the way in which the task appears to them has."  Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point

                    Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                    Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                  • Robert Johnston
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 6 6:05 AM