Green Bachelors wanted for feature story

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      People magazine wants bachelors who practice sustainable living for story by Friday, 5/4.

      From: "Anne Lang" <news@...>
      Date: May 2, 2007 9:15:23 AM GMT-06:00
      To: <cr@...>
      Subject: PEOPLE Magazine: Request for Candidates

      Hello Cyrus:

      As we discussed on the phone today, PEOPLE Magazine is doing a story on Bachelors for an upcoming issue.  While this is a common theme for the publication, this time we’re looking for “green” bachelors -- that is, single men who might or might not be employed in the field of environmental quality & development, but who definitely (at least) practice significant “green living” at home.  Obviously, candidates for this story also must be true bachelors – so even being involved in a live-in relationship would rule someone out.  Lastly, candidates must be willing & able to provide photos of themselves (via e-mail) – not just a head shot, but a full-body shot (with clothes!) as well.

      Anything you might do to help me find Green Bachelor candidates would be most appreciated.  My deadline is first thing Monday morning (May 7), so I’m hoping to finalize my list (photos included) to send to New York by late Friday afternoon (May 4).  Please feel free to issue my request via blanket e-mail to applicable agencies.

      Many thanks!

      Anne Lang/Field Reporter

      PEOPLE Magazine

      512.795.9253 (home office)

      512.773.4498 (cell)

      news@...

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643

      "On playing fields and battlegrounds, challenges that would be daunting and impossible if faced alone are suddenly possible when tackled in a close-knit group.  The people haven't changed, but the way in which the task appears to them has."  Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point