RE: [hreg] Pickens: Oil-smart ($80 oil this year) but Water-nasty.

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 8:54 AM
      I like the oxigenics that I purchased.  You are right, it does take getting used to, if you ever do.  I had bought a low flow with a filter before, I won't say the brand, but it was $200 dollars. I never did get used to it so I would end up using my regular hand held.  I payed $50 dollars a piece for the ones I have now and i am very happy with them.  Thank you for your advice on the water circulator. Buy the way there are oxigenics that are cheaper if you don't care to have the handheld.  I don't sell this product but the malls sell them and you can buy on internet also.  Evelyn

      Kevin Conlin <kconlin@...> wrote:
      Evelyn,  If you are going to use a water circulator, you should do two things:  Insulate every last inch of hot water piping throughout the house, and put a timer on it so it only runs during the time of day the showers or your heavy hot water loads are used or run.  Otherwise you will be wasting a lot more money than you are now.
      With regard to low flow shower heads, I have been using one for 15 years, they take a little getting used to, but the one I have works just fine.  Please don¬ít ask the brand, it has been way too long, but it is basically an aerator which mixes air into the stream of water.  I did notice that with the aerator type you have to increase the hot water flow a little because the air introduced from aeration does cool the water slightly.
      Kevin Conlin
      Solarcraft, Inc.
      4007 C Greenbriar
      Stafford, TX 77477-4536