Re: [hreg] Pickens: Oil-smart ($80 oil this year) but Water-nasty.

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
      evelyn sardina wrote:
      > What are the soaps that you use made of?
      > Evelyn

      Greetings,
      Depends on what I am using them for. Mostly the rendered fat of animals
      we have eaten. I do use coconut oil and olive oil as well as animal
      fats. I use KOH not NaOH, so I make liquid soaps. I use additives such
      as washing soda and borax with the laundry, but no scents, perfumes,
      essential oils or other additives.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim
    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2007
        I like the oxigenics that I purchased.  You are right, it does take getting used to, if you ever do.  I had bought a low flow with a filter before, I won't say the brand, but it was $200 dollars. I never did get used to it so I would end up using my regular hand held.  I payed $50 dollars a piece for the ones I have now and i am very happy with them.  Thank you for your advice on the water circulator. Buy the way there are oxigenics that are cheaper if you don't care to have the handheld.  I don't sell this product but the malls sell them and you can buy on internet also.  Evelyn

        Kevin Conlin <kconlin@...> wrote:
        Evelyn,  If you are going to use a water circulator, you should do two things:  Insulate every last inch of hot water piping throughout the house, and put a timer on it so it only runs during the time of day the showers or your heavy hot water loads are used or run.  Otherwise you will be wasting a lot more money than you are now.
        With regard to low flow shower heads, I have been using one for 15 years, they take a little getting used to, but the one I have works just fine.  Please don¬ít ask the brand, it has been way too long, but it is basically an aerator which mixes air into the stream of water.  I did notice that with the aerator type you have to increase the hot water flow a little because the air introduced from aeration does cool the water slightly.
        Kevin Conlin
        Solarcraft, Inc.
        4007 C Greenbriar
        Stafford, TX 77477-4536