RE: [hreg] Advice, please

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 27 6:27 AM

      I think they are referring to what are also called “tankless water heaters”.  You’ll find lots of information if you Google that phrase.

      Robert Johnston

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 27 7:11 AM
        Greetings,
        I have one, mine is propane. If you use a gas water heater and plan on
        replacing with a tankless, be warned, the tankless uses a 5 inch flue
        and an ordianary water heater uses a 3inch. It is a big expense that no
        one warns you about until you have the thing home. We did our own install.

        My tankless saves about 30% on my fuel bills. It means that it will
        take over 10 years to pay for itself, if that was all I was doing. I am
        putting in solar batch heater and I will keep the tankless to run on the
        10 or so days a year that my solar won't operate. It is much more
        convenient to use this way than a conventional which are a pain to drain.

        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        Robert Johnston wrote:
        > I think they are referring to what are also called “tankless water
        > heaters”. You’ll find lots of information if you Google that phrase.
        >

        > Robert Johnston

      • jmiggins
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 27 8:12 AM
          Susan, we sell kits to allow you to install the system yourself it you are somewhat capable of plumbing and electrical.

          you can use a regular 50 gallon electric tank for storage, or an 80 if you have more than 3 people.

          you can do the regular water heater (electric) and then add solar to it as time and budget allow.

          contact us offline and we will help you
          John Miggins
          Harvest Solar Energy LLC
          "renewable solutions to everyday needs"
          1571 East 22 place, Tulsa OK 74114
          918-743-2299 office
          918-521-6223 Cell
          www.harvestsolar.net
          OK.  I have to replace a water heater on a house in Laredo, Texas.

          Here's what I've come up with.

          4 - 3' x 7' SunMaxx Flat Plate Hot Water Collectors at $325 each.

          1 - 40 gallon Coilex stainless steel indirect water heater (tank) for $800.

          1 water pump for $167.

          Does this sound reasonable?  Can somebody please HELP ME!!!

          THANKS!

          OH!  And in my search I found this cute little Wind Turbine from ArizonaWindpower. com.  For $399 it might be a good way to start, if for nothing else, to get you through a hurricane.  It looks like they are detachable from the pole as well, so you could take them with you when you move.  http://www.arizonaw indpower. com/450_Watt_ Wind_Generator. php

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Ariel Thomann
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 27 10:01 AM
            Coincidentally, the current issue of "Solar Today" (white Prius on the cover)
            has a good article on general aspects of solar water heaters, world-wide. If
            any of you don't already get this magazine, this is a good time to pick it up in
            a bookstore and then subscribe to it.

            Ariel
            generations.
            ------------------------------------

            > Susan, we sell kits to allow you to install the system yourself it you are
            > somewhat capable of plumbing and electrical.
            >
            > you can use a regular 50 gallon electric tank for storage, or an 80 if you
            > have more than 3 people.
            >
            > you can do the regular water heater (electric) and then add solar to it as
            > time and budget allow.
            >
            > contact us offline and we will help you
            > John Miggins
            > Harvest Solar Energy LLC
            > www.harvestsolar.net

          • Larry Weber, Sales
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 27 11:09 AM
              Biodiesel Purification We are now a distributor for Dieselcraft – http://www.dieselcraft.com

              They are leading mfg. (USA) of processing / filters for bio diesel, veggie oil.

              http://www.dieselcraft.com/oilentry.html

              We are converting our Mercedes to veg. oil.

              If interested, let me know, we have excellent discounts.

              Larry Weber

              Naturallighting.com
              1414 FM 646 RD E
              DICKINSON, TX  77539