Re: [hreg] New Projects page on HREG website!

  • Edward Kramer
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2007
      Mike,

       Where do we send pics of the project to?

      Edward
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2007
        Lillian DeMichele (age 9) did a science project for school using a hanging basket and used CD's to create a multi-level solar cooker.  She tested it against other solar cooker designs she found and it worked faster than those she tried.  She laid used CD's on the ground below the hanging solar cooker, so that they would reflect light onto the bottom of the pan.

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        HREG,
        Our intern Raul has been hard at work on the HREG website.  After posting several Power Point presentations that YOU can download and use to go talk to groups, he has added a new Projects page.  It contains ideas for science projects, pictures from our solar car educational efforts, the article about our solar clinic project that Robert wrote up and Kim’s description of her roof sprinkler system.  We will continue to add to it, so if you have a project you want to write up, please send it to me with pictures!  Enjoy the new information on our website and tell others about it.
        Mike

        Never miss an email again!
        Yahoo! Toolbar

      • evelyn sardina
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2007
          Do you have pictures? Are they in the hreg project page?

          Michael Ewert <mewert@houston. rr.com> wrote:
          HREG,
          Our intern Raul has been hard at work on the HREG website.  After posting several Power Point presentations that YOU can download and use to go talk to groups, he has added a new Projects page.  It contains ideas for science projects, pictures from our solar car educational efforts, the article about our solar clinic project that Robert wrote up and Kim’s description of her roof sprinkler system.  We will continue to add to it, so if you have a project you want to write up, please send it to me with pictures!  Enjoy the new information on our website and tell others about it.
          Mike

          Never miss an email again!
          Yahoo! Toolbar

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.

        • Michael Ewert
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2007

            To me at mewert@...

            Thanks,

            Mike

             Where do we send pics of the project to?

            Edward

            Our intern Raul has been hard at work on the HREG website.  After posting several Power Point presentations that YOU can download and use to go talk to groups, he has added a new Projects page.  It contains ideas for science projects, pictures from our solar car educational efforts, the article about our solar clinic project that Robert wrote up and Kim’s description of her roof sprinkler system.  We will continue to add to it, so if you have a project you want to write up, please send it to me with pictures!  Enjoy the new information on our website and tell others about it.

            http://www.txses. org/hreg/ projects. php

            Mike

          • Marion Jenkins
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2007
              When is the next hreg Meeting? I have misplaced the information. Thanks!

              >From: "Michael Ewert" <mewert@...>
              >To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: RE: [hreg] New Projects page on HREG website!
              >Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:20:49 -0500
              >
              >To me at mewert@...
              >

              >Thanks,
              >
              >Mike
              >

              > _____

            • Chris Boyer
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 10, 2007
                Our next HREG meeting will be Sunday, April 29th from 2 to 4 pm.
                Topic: "Investing in Renewable Energy"

                It is our pleasure to have Alan "Petrodamus" Lammey as our speaker. Alan is known in the Houston area as the Texas Energy Analyst and has the show "Energy Week." His show was on 97.5 FM and is now going to be on 950 AM.

                Alan will be talking about investing in Renewable Energy. If you haven't heard his radio program, he is a very good speaker and you don't want to miss this meeting.

                We are holding this meeting at the Houston Public Library's Park Place Regional Branch. The address is 8145 Park Place Blvd, Houston, TX 77017-3032. It is located located at I-45S and Park Place, one exit south of Loop 610. See the HREG web site for a map to the meeting www.txses.org/ hreg.

                Dring this meeting we will also have "show and tell" for you to share your renewable energy project with the group. Bring pictures and a write up so we can post it on our WEB site.

                See You There!
                Chris