Action Alert - global warming and energy

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Please write, visit or email Texas State Representative Bonnen in support of the following bills on global warming and energy.  Bonnen represents Angleton, Freeport and Lake Jackson and is chair of the Environmental Regulation Committee in the Texas Legislature.

      You may email him from
      http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/email.php?dist=25&rep=dennis.bonnen
      His phone numbers are
      1-512-463-0564
      1-512-463-8414 Fax
      Angelton office
      1-979-848-1770
      1-979-849-3169 Fax

      For more information on bills etc.  http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/ or www.cooltheclimate.org

      From: Karen Hadden <karen@...>
      Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 06:51:05 -0500

      Hi Everyone,
      Your help and support are needed for clean air and clean energy!  The following are good bills that we generally support, all of which are scheduled for the House Environmental Regulation Committee Meeting on Tuesday, April 3rd in room E2.028 at the State Capitol.

      This Committee hearing begins at 8 AM and goes until the full House session begins at 10 AM.  Then it will resume
      upon adjournment, in the same room.

      We invite you to join us, and to submit a card in favor of the bills, or to testify. We'll have stickers people can wear. Please send a related fax online at www.StoptheCoalPlant.org (later today), and pass this message along to your lists. Thanks!

      There are good bills in the Senate too - and we'll try to keep you posted. If you can't come to Austin this time, rest assured that we'll need you on Senate bills coming up later!

      For Env. Reg. Committee and more bill info - www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/schedules/html/C2602007040308001.HTM )
      Environmental Regulation Committee: Chair: Rep. Dennis Bonnen, Vice Chair: Rep. Kelly HancockRep. Eddie Lucio III, Rep. Joe Driver, Rep. Tracy King, Rep. Edmund Kuempel, Rep. George "Buddy" West
      --------

      Bills:
      Moratorium on coal burning power plant permits
      HCR 43 Anderson / et al.
      HB 2521 Davis, Yvonne
      HB 2320 Gallego

      State Implementation Plan (SIP) for air quality
      HB 2388 Anchia
      HB 3359 Smith, Todd
      HB 3369 England
      HB 3656 Dunnam

      Mercury

      HB 3896 Burnam
      HB 3050 Martinez Fischer

      Best Available Control Technology - BACT
      HB 3329 Howard, Donna
      HB 3528 Anchia (also IGCC)

      Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle - IGCC
      HB 2608 Hughes
      HB 3528 Anchia (also BACT)

      Public Notice
      HB 3892 Burnam
      HB 3308 England

      Planning

      HB 2713 Bonnen  - interim study for how to meet Texas' energy needs.
      (We support it if amended to include efficiency measures.)

      Other
      HB 3859 Bonnen
      HB 2910 Gattis
      HB 2713 Anderson

      Karen Hadden
      Executive Director
      Sustainable Energy and Economic Development (SEED) Coalition
      1801 Westlake Dr. #209
      Austin, Texas 78746
      512-797-8481
      fax: 512-306-1359

      www.seedcoalition.org and www.StoptheCoalPlant.org

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643

      "On playing fields and battlegrounds, challenges that would be daunting and impossible if faced alone are suddenly possible when tackled in a close-knit group.  The people haven't changed, but the way in which the task appears to them has."  Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point