RE: [hreg] About putting an end to threads, and Otto could you share some light on this subject?

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2007

      Briefly, the solar power tower that Otto described uses mirrors to concentrate heat on a heat engine, which produces electricity.

      The solar updraft tower of Enviromission uses a field of glass to warm the air under it, which makes it rush to the center and up the very tall hollow tower.  The rushing air turns turbines to produce electricity.  More detailed technical info is available on the Internet.

      I had not heard of an experiment in China ; only the power tower in the US and the updraft tower in Spain .