Interesting book

  • J P Malone
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2007

      For anyone who has missed it the book “Cradle to Cradle” by William McDonough is one I found very interesting.

      The Discovery Channel had a show interviewing McDonough & showing his alternative energy village in China .  Pretty amazing.  A whole city off the grid.  Solar, Wind, water, insulating straw & mud bricks, Cell towers, etc.

      “In 1996 McDonough became the first and only individual recipient of the Presidential Award for Sustainable Development. In 1999 Time Magazine called him "Hero for the Planet". In 2002 he wrote (with Michael Braungart) "Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things". He received a National Design Award from the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in 2004. As of 2005 McDonough is pursuing urban design work for the Chinese government including a model village called Huangbaiyu.”