Mercury and CF bulbs

  • Jim Bundscho
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2007
      I am a new member of the group, but have followed the
      threads for sometime.

      I also use the CF's in my home, and replace
      incandescent bulbs as they burn out. The life spans
      are definately variable, and I attribute that to the
      fixture that they may be in ... ceiling can, vs. open
      lamp.

      Has anyone investigated the small amount of mercury
      that is in the CF bulbs - I heard an NPR commentary on
      the need to properly recycle the bulbs, as well as the
      larger flourescent tubes as well. Any thoughts?

      Jim

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html