Re: [hreg] biogenerator prototype

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
      The city has a number of recycling centers; sorry that I don't have time right
      now to google for them and provide a link.

      Ariel
      generations.
      ------------------------------------

    • Lunce
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
        Just go ahead and start your own reuse/recycling effort.  The establishment will catch up eventually.

        Reuse first.  Before you recycle, offer your unwanted treasures to those around you that may be able to use it.

        City of Bellaire has a great recycling center on Edith and Newcastle (just inside the loop between Beechnut and Evergreen off of Newcastle).  They take newspaper, magazines, junk mail, cardboard, tin, aluminium, Clear glass, plastic 1&2.

        For Color glass and electronics (plus the previous list) take to Recycle center on Westpark between Fountain View and Chimney Rock (enter on Westpark)

        Bellaire has stopped recycling their lawn/leaves for the time being (something about contracts), but anyone in the Bellaire area of town who wishes to recycle your lawn clippings/leaves please contact me off this list.  (But everyone here already reuse your lawn clippings - right??)

        Recently Bellaire started the curb side recycling.  The good - more people who are too busy (lazy) to go to the recycle center will recycle. The Bad - dumping all recycle goods for resorting later by someone else is wasteful and a step backwards for those of us that already sort our recycling materials.  Maybe someone can come up with multiple bin trucks soon.

        Happy Reusing and Recycling everyone!

        Lunce

        From: "Michael Ewert" <mewert@houston. rr.com>
        To: <hreg@yahoogroups. com>
        Subject: RE: [hreg] biogenerator prototype
        Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:56:02 -0600

        I heard 2nd hand that Mayor White is interested in exactly that.  Perhaps we can gather more information and pass it to someone at the City.

        I would think Mayor Bill White might be interested in this technology, he is very progressive when it comes to energy efficiency and policy, and is taking the initiative in making Houston more energy efficient.  I’m of the opinion that it should be illegal to improperly dispose of lawn wastes without trying to recycle this valuable resource.

        ____________ _________ ___
        Kevin Conlin
        Solarcraft, Inc.
        4007 C Greenbriar
        Stafford, TX 77477-4536
        Local (281) 340-1224
        Toll Free (877) 340-1224
        Fax 281 340 1230

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
          Sorry!!  Forgot to clip in my previous post.

          Lunce <Lunce@...> wrote:
          Just go ahead and start your own reuse/recycling effort.  The establishment will catch up eventually.

        • Susan Modikoane
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
            I lug all my stuff over to West University recycling.  It's just off 59 (Westpark) and Kirby.

            Lunce <Lunce@lharchitects. com> wrote:
            Just go ahead and start your own reuse/recycling effort.  The establishment will catch up eventually.

            Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.