[hreg] TXSES Newsletter

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
      Hello everyone,
      Kathryn has just sent me a big box of the latest issue of the Solar
      Reflector. They request that we distribute them at various places for people
      to pick up here in the Houston area. Does anyone have any ideas on where to
      leave them for maximum exposure? Please let me know if anyone has any
      thoughts on this.
      Charlie
    • Sorensen, William WR SDPR
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
        Home Depot would be a great place....I think.

      • Kathryn Houser
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 1999
          Sorensen, William WR SDPR wrote:

          > Home Depot would be a great place....I think.

          ABSOLUTELY!! We leave them at Home Depot here in Austin and acknowledge
          them for carrying sustainable lumber, compact flourescents, low VOC
          paints, etc, at the same time. We also use public libraries--they almost
          HAVE to take any non-profit newsletter. The obvious ones for eco-aware
          folks would be Whole Foods and natural foods restaurants. (Surely
          Houston has some?!?) Thanks to all for your efforts to spread the word!
          Kathryn
        • Steve Stelzer
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 1999
            Charlie: Leave some at Whole Foods on Alabama & Shepherd. We also ought to
            talk to Home Depots here, maybe they might act like their Austin colleagues
            in this regard.

            Steve

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 11, 1999
              Steve,
              The last time I tried to leave some copies of the Houston Peace News at Whole
              Foods on Shepard they told me they now charge $20 per month to leave stuff
              there - isn't that nice? I know of several places where I can leave a few but
              won't be able to distribute all of them myself. Anyone else want to get some
              and spread them around at NASA or wherever? I could bring them to the next
              meeting (if I don't have another conflict as I did last time) and we could
              divide them up. BTW, when and where is the next meeting, or has it been
              scheduled?
              Charlie