TAEP February Conference

  • johnsonhwy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2007
      The Texas Association of Environment Professionals is pleased to
      present its inaugural Environmental Challenges and Innovations
      Conference: Gulf Coast 2007, the proceeds of which will benefit
      deserving students in the environmental disciplines. Our one-day
      conference will include presentations by regulators and professionals
      in the environmental industry, juried presentations by University of
      Houston students, and a full day of vendor and other exhibitors. Our
      keynote luncheon speaker will be Mr. Carl Edlund of EPA Region 6, and
      we will be presenting our second Annual Environmental Professional of
      the Year award as well as inaugural Young Environmental Professional
      of the Year and Regulator of the Year awards. The conference will be
      followed by a cash bar social and silent auction. Ezra Charles, the
      amazing keyboardist and founder of Ezra Charles and the Works,
      dubbed "Houston's Band" by Greg Hurst of KHOU 11, is donating his
      time to provide entertainment for this worthy endeavor.

      The silent auction is an excellent venue for participation even if
      you are unable to attend the conference. Every donor is listed on
      the conference web site and will be recognized on the day of the
      conference. Suggested items include event tickets, gift
      certificates, restaurant certificates, etc. Items donated to date
      include a sailing cruise, Sunday Champagne Brunches and other
      restaurant experiences, spa services, rodeo tickets, and a golf
      outing. Other items such as electronics, fishing trips, books,
      certificates, etc., are always popular and would be welcome additions
      to the auction.

      Since TAEP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, all donors will
      receive a written confirmation of their contribution for tax
      purposes.

      All items will be on display near the registration area on February
      15, 2007, the day of the conference. Bids will be accepted through
      5:30 p.m. The winning bidders will be announced at 6:30 p.m. and
      posted on the web site.

      We encourage you to donate an item of value in support of the TAEP
      scholarship program, whether you are an environmental professional or
      simply the supporter of a worthy cause. For more information please
      email us at conference@....

      Best regards,

      The Texas Association of Environmental Professionals