Global warming talk Sunday 1pm

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007
      "What We Can Do About Global Warming", a talk by Nancy Benthien, will be Sunday, January 21, 1pm in Room 304 of First Unitarian Universalist Church.    "The key point is that we have the technologies we need to stabilize carbon dioxide emissions at 500 parts per million, but it will take action by individuals and communities."  says Ms. Benthien.

      Nancy, a consulting geologist, has just returned from the Al Gore training school for speakers, theClimateProject.org.  So far, the Climate Project has trained 900 people to talk about global warming and its solutions.  Mr. Gore is thrilled to report that in the last two months, more talks have been given by these trainees than he gave during the last ten years.

      The talk is co-sponsored by Houston Climate Protection Alliance and the Green Sanctuary Committee of First Unitarian Universalist Church.   The church is at 5200 Fannin at Southmore, 77004.   This is two blocks north of the Museum of Fine Arts and Hermann Park.

      Nan Hildreth 713-443-3104

      Action is the antidote to despair....
      Joan Baez