RE: [hreg] Re: Renewable Energy Exhibit Opportunities

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 9 , May 15, 2001

      Thanks James.  So, let’s make it

      > James 8:30-10

      > Joyce 10-12

      > Susan 12 - 2
      > Maheep 2 – 5 (or maybe we’ll shut down a little earlier)

      I got this note about parking:

      It'll be your choice between the hotel's parking garage and one of the relatively nearby street lots or public garages.  I've been trying to find a nice (aka free) parking solution downtown but I don't think there is one.

      HREG can reimburse your parking if you like; save your receipt.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2007

        <robert.l.howard@...> wrote:

        > Good morning,
        >
        > The National Society of Black Engineers is holding a regional
        conference in downtown Houston for technical professionals over the
        weekend of January 12 and there are two opportunities for exhibits
        that might be of interest to the Houston Renewable Energy Group and/or
        individuals:

        > On the evening of Friday, January 12 and all day on January 13,
        there will be a Technology Expo, intended for an audience of
        engineers. The expo is intended to display prototypes, test articles,
        production units, scale models, demonstrations, or other technologies.
        Our goal is to showcase unique or interesting hardware and promote
        technical exchange.

        > On Monday, January 15, there will be a MLK Community Exhibits,
        intended for the general public. These exhibits are intended to
        provide information to the public intended for community betterment.
        Either or both opportunities could be good opportunities for HREG to
        provide information about renewable energy. Our goal here is to help
        the public become informed about resources/opportunities they might
        not be aware of in areas of science/techology, health, education, or
        finances.

        > Exhibit rates for the Technology Expo are $400 for corporations or
        govenment agencies; $250 for small businesses, non-profits, and
        inventors; and $50 for NSBE member-owned businesses. Exhibit rates
        for the Community Exhibits on Monday are $100 for corporations or
        government agencies; $50 for small businesses, non-profits, and
        inventors; and $40 for NSBE member-owned businesses.

        > All events will be held at the Crowne Plaza Downtown. Registration
        forms can be downloaded at http://www.nsbe-hsc.org/sprc/downloads.htm.
        Please contact me for more information.

        > Dr. Robert Howard
        > Registration Chairpeson
        > NSBE Strategic Planning and Research Conference

      • maheep jain
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 10, 2007

          <robert.l.howard@...> wrote:

          > Good morning,
          >
          > The National Society of Black Engineers is holding a regional
          conference in downtown Houston for technical professionals over the
          weekend of January 12 and there are two opportunities for exhibits
          that might be of interest to the Houston Renewable Energy Group and/or
          individuals:

          > On the evening of Friday, January 12 and all day on January 13,
          there will be a Technology Expo, intended for an audience of
          engineers. The expo is intended to display prototypes, test articles,
          production units, scale models, demonstrations, or other technologies.
          Our goal is to showcase unique or interesting hardware and promote
          technical exchange.

          > On Monday, January 15, there will be a MLK Community Exhibits,
          intended for the general public. These exhibits are intended to
          provide information to the public intended for community betterment.
          Either or both opportunities could be good opportunities for HREG to
          provide information about renewable energy. Our goal here is to help
          the public become informed about resources/opportunities they might
          not be aware of in areas of science/techology, health, education, or
          finances.

          > Exhibit rates for the Technology Expo are $400 for corporations or
          govenment agencies; $250 for small businesses, non-profits, and
          inventors; and $50 for NSBE member-owned businesses. Exhibit rates
          for the Community Exhibits on Monday are $100 for corporations or
          government agencies; $50 for small businesses, non-profits, and
          inventors; and $40 for NSBE member-owned businesses.

          > All events will be held at the Crowne Plaza Downtown. Registration
          forms can be downloaded at http://www.nsbe-hsc.org/sprc/downloads.htm.
          Please contact me for more information.

          > Dr. Robert Howard
          > Registration Chairpeson
          > NSBE Strategic Planning and Research Conference

        • Susan Modikoane
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 10, 2007

            Mike (mewert@houston. rr.com)

          • mewert@houston.rr.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 10, 2007
              That sounds great!
              How about:
              Joyce 9 - lunch
              Susan 11 - 2
              Maheep 2 - 5
              I'll plan to arrive at 8:30 to set up and stay the day.

              Thanks for volunteering!!!!

              The Crowne Plaza is at 1700 Smith Street, Houston, TX 77002. I'll see

              • jgardiner9
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 11, 2007
                  Mike, I'll come along to help you set up, if I may, and I can also
                  come back lunchtime/ afternoon for a couple of hours.

                  regards
                  James

                  --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, Susan Modikoane <suemodikoane@...> wrote:

                  > Let me know if you can cut me down on the time a little, if anyone
                  else volunteers. Otherwise I will gladly serve the planet!

                  > mewert@... wrote: That sounds great!
                  > How about:
                  > Joyce 9 - lunch
                  > Susan 11 - 2
                  > Maheep 2 - 5
                  > I'll plan to arrive at 8:30 to set up and stay the day.
                  >
                  > Thanks for volunteering!!!!
                  >
                  > The Crowne Plaza is at 1700 Smith Street, Houston, TX 77002. I'll
                  see
                  > if I can find out anything about parking options.

                • Joyce Lattimore

> [...]
                    > finances.
                    > >
                    > > Exhibit rates for the Technology Expo are $400 for corporations or
                    > govenment agencies; $250 for small businesses, non-profits, and
                    > inventors; and $50 for NSBE member-owned businesses. Exhibit rates
                    > for the Community Exhibits on Monday are $100 for corporations or
                    > government agencies; $50 for small businesses, non-profits, and
                    > inventors; and $40 for NSBE member-owned businesses.
                    > >
                    > > All events will be held at the Crowne Plaza Downtown. Registration
                    > forms can be downloaded at http://www.nsbe- hsc.org/sprc/ downloads. htm.
                    > Please contact me for more information.
                    > >
                    > > Dr. Robert Howard
                    > > Registration Chairpeson
                    > > NSBE Strategic Planning and Research Conference

                    > Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

                    Get your own web address.