Re: [hreg] HREG's 1st meeting of 2007 - January 28th

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
      Mike - thanks. By the way, I don't know when you sent out the announcement, but
      it came in with a weird date-stamp [ 05/15/01 at 09:45 PM ] so it wound up in
      the bottom of my in-box. I might not have seen it until who knows when! You
      may need to re-set the date and time on your computer, or some such (I'm not
      e-smart enough to analyze this particular tempest in a teapot any further).

      Ariel
      generations.
      ------------------------------------

      > HREG's first quarterly meeting of the year will be on Sunday January 28th from
      2-4 pm.

      > *Important* We will be meeting at a new location. The meeting will be held
      at Houston Library - Park Place Branch, located at 8145 Park Place, Houston,
      Texas 77017.

      > AGENDA
      >
      > Welcome & Announcements Mike Ewert
      >
      > Report from TXSES meeting John Gardner
      >
      > Annual Election of Officers - more info. to follow
      >
      > Feature Presentation - "The Latest in Active Solar Thermal Technologies"
      >
      > Overview Mike Ewert
      >
      > Dish Stirling Mike Ewert
      >
      > Parabolic Troughs Chris Boyer
      >
      > Solar Thermal in the Home John Gardner
      >
      > Call to Action Chris Boyer
      >
      > (After you hear what Solar Energy can and IS doing already, we're sure you'll
      want to take action. Chris will talk about how HREG is organizing to promote
      renewable energy in Texas and how you can help!)

      > Note about 2007 HREG Officers: If you would like to nominate yourself or
      another to be an officer of HREG, please let me know at least a week before
      the meeting.

      > Directions to the Meeting:
      >
      > The Park Place Library is very near Interstate 45 and Loop 610 South.
      >
      > From I-45 Southbound:
      > Take Exit 38B Howard Dr./Bellfort Ave exit. Stay to the left and make a U-turn
      under the freeway. Move to the right on the I-45 feeder for approx.1 mile.
      Turn right on Park Place Boulevard. The library is in the second block on the
      left.