HREG's 1st meeting of 2007 - January 28th

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2001

      HREG’s first quarterly meeting of the year will be on Sunday January 28th from 2-4 pm.

      *Important*  We will be meeting at a new location.  The meeting will be held at Houston Library - Park Place Branch, located at 8145 Park Place , Houston , Texas 77017 .

                                                    AGENDA

      Welcome & Announcements                             Mike Ewert

      Report from TXSES meeting                            John Gardner

      Annual Election of Officers – more info. to follow

      Feature Presentation – “The Latest in Active Solar Thermal Technologies”

                  Overview                                 Mike Ewert

                  Dish Stirling                               Mike Ewert

                  Parabolic Troughs                     Chris Boyer

                  Solar Thermal in the Home        John Gardner

      Call to Action                                       Chris Boyer

      (After you hear what Solar Energy can and IS doing already, we’re sure you’ll want to take action.  Chris will talk about how HREG is organizing to promote renewable energy in Texas and how you can help!)

      Note about 2007 HREG Officers: If you would like to nominate yourself or another to be an officer of HREG, please let me know at least a week before the meeting.

      Directions to the Meeting:

      The Park Place Library is very near Interstate 45 and Loop 610 South.

      From I-45 Southbound:
      Take Exit 38B Howard Dr./Bellfort Ave exit. Stay to the left and make a U-turn under the freeway. Move to the right on the I-45 feeder for approx.1 mile. Turn right on Park Place Boulevard. The library is in the second block on the left.

      From I-45 Northbound:
      Take Exit 39 Park Place Blvd/Broadway Blvd -- go 0.7 mi. Turn right on Park Place Boulevard. The library is in the second block on the left.

    • Ariel Thomann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
        Mike - thanks. By the way, I don't know when you sent out the announcement, but
        it came in with a weird date-stamp [ 05/15/01 at 09:45 PM ] so it wound up in
        the bottom of my in-box. I might not have seen it until who knows when! You
        may need to re-set the date and time on your computer, or some such (I'm not
        e-smart enough to analyze this particular tempest in a teapot any further).

        Ariel
        generations.